Haunted Hospitals

they are Modern Matrons

Some of them are men arent they ?

I'm doing my first night shifts this Thursday and Friday and I shall try very hard not to remember any of these stories on here.:help:

Thankfully I work at the Hallamshire and most of these creepy stories are of the NGH.:D

Some of them are men arent they ?

Indeed they are - that's why the frilly hats had to go !:hihi:

ye men and women matrons

Edited by shaunchurm

Indeed they are - that's why the frilly hats had to go !:hihi:

Loved those frilly caps ! The matrons used to walk down the ward with a string of nurses following behind, and run their fingers along every window sill looking for dust.!!!

You've got to remember that the NGH was a workhouse and loads died horrible deaths there in the past...its bound to have some 'after' effects

Loved those frilly caps ! The matrons used to walk down the ward with a string of nurses following behind, and run their fingers along every window sill looking for dust.!!!

The domestic supervisors do that on a daily basis now ! - at the NGH they do anyway.

You've got to remember that the NGH was a workhouse and loads died horrible deaths there in the past...its bound to have some 'after' effects

Every hospital has had it's fair share of 'horrible deaths' - not just the NGH. I guess its site is the oldest one in Sheffield so there are bound to be more 'ghostly' stories about the NGH than any of the other Sheffield hospitals.

Every hospital has had it's fair share of 'horrible deaths' - not just the NGH. I guess its site is the oldest one in Sheffield so there are bound to be more 'ghostly' stories about the NGH than any of the other Sheffield hospitals.

I can remember having a special key for a ward where the "naughty girls" were locked up. Backward girls who had escaped and become pregnant. Can you imagine that happening today ?

Has anyone had any spooky experiences in hospital?
not in hospital.. but i have seen a,a,a, ghost...

I'm doing my first night shifts this Thursday and Friday and I shall try very hard not to remember any of these stories on here.:help:

Thankfully I work at the Hallamshire and most of these creepy stories are of the NGH.:D

RHH has it's fair share of 'spooky stories' too - mainly centred around the lifts at night !

Good luck with the night shifts by the way !:)

not in hospital.. but i have seen a,a,a, ghost...

Spill the beans then !