Haunted Hospitals

I went to the fire museum with the seeking spirit team. I had a go on the Ouija board, the glass started spelling out messages to our group. I wondered if anyone was pushing the glass so I asked if I could ask the spirit a question in my mind. I asked what was my mothers name the glass went to all the letters of my mums name, I thought maybe I was moving the glass, so I took my finger off. I had the correct answers to all of my questions e,g mothers maiden name, date of birth, dads name, date of birth, my maiden name, my surname.

How can anyone have known all these details, especially to be able to answer some of the questions that I asked in my mind?

Ooops should have posted on the do you believe in ghosts thread.

Edited by flashbang

Last Year at NGH, one of the cleaners went off on sick leave because she witnessed somebody walking through the wall in the MRI department. Apparently she had never believed in ghosts etc until then. She was very shook up!! For a while after that none of the staff would stay alone in that area..very scary!

I don't doubt for a second that's true, sometimes things happen that can't be readily explained.

So why ignore that fact and try to explain them using ghosts then?

Where exactly have I said that I, personally, attribute any of these 'strange goings on' to ghosts?:confused:

I have maintained all along that there have , on many occasions over the past 33 years, been occasions where strange things have happened on the wards that cannot be explained - leading many to consider the possibility of 'ghostly' activity.

Edited by Daven
addy

You've never worked the night shift in a hospital have you ?

I have worked in hospitals for over 30 years - many years of those on the night shift.

I don't have any strong religious beliefs and I consider myself to be quite grounded . However, there have been occasions when 'things' have happened that cannot be explained .............

So whats so strange about jade meeting her boys in heaven.

So whats so strange about jade meeting her boys in heaven.

Now you've totally lost me ! Relevance please?

Sorry 3 glasses of wine i am off to bed good night

As someone said quite rightly, you don't have to be strictly speaking 'religious' to belive that there is an 'afterlife' of sorts. Nobody will ever know for sure until it happens, but reading all the stories from nurses on here, and others who witnessed people 'passing' on to the other side, I think you were blessed with being privy to something that not many people will get to see before their time; and I am pleased that witnessing these things made you feel more comfortable about it, even reading about these experiences had quite a profound effect. Thanks for sharing those.

And can we have some more stories please:P Instead of turning this into a debate about afterlife. There are some people who will never be convinced one way or another:)

As someone said quite rightly, you don't have to be strictly speaking 'religious' to belive that there is an 'afterlife' of sorts. Nobody will ever know for sure until it happens, but reading all the stories from nurses on here, and others who witnessed people 'passing' on to the other side, I think you were blessed with being privy to something that not many people will get to see before their time; and I am pleased that witnessing these things made you feel more comfortable about it, even reading about these experiences had quite a profound effect. Thanks for sharing those.

And can we have some more stories please:P Instead of turning this into a debate about afterlife. There are some people who will never be convinced one way or another:)

Agreed. This thread's turned boring can't we just leave it for haunted hospital stories as it was intended?!

Many years ago when I was a student nurse and working on night duty, I was standing in the middle of the ward with the Staff Nurse in charge of the ward that night. We were both distracted suddenly from our whispered conversation by a very loud clatter at the far end of the ward. Thinking that someone had fallen out of bed , we both ran down towards where the noise had come from. The 'crash' trolley which held all the emergency equipment needed in the event of a cardiac arrest had been moved about 6 feet away from it's normal position and we found the Ambu-bag ( a vital piece of equipment required for assisted breathing ) was on the floor. All patients were lying in their beds. When we inspected this piece of equipment, it was obvious that a valve necessary for it to work properly was missing. We found it in a sink at the other end of the ward - a sink that both of us had used earlier.

Only about 20 minutes later, one of our patients suffered a cardiac arrest and we successfully resuscitated him using the, now, intact equipment.

I have no explanation for either the piece of equipment a) being incomplete since we had checked the trolley earlier, b) the missing piece turning up in an area where it hadn't been earlier or c) this piece of equipment falling off the trolley as if to warn us of it being incomplete.