What do you think to dating someone of a different nationality to you

What do you think to dating someone of a different nationality to you?

I've dated women of all sorts of different nationalities and it doesn't worry me at all.

The wife gets a bit upset though.

I think your all a wee bit niave, there are guys and gals out there from other countrys who want to meet British folk just for the sake of a passport or to fleece money.

I am not saying they are all like that but most are.

I think the OP has to ask herself what she really thinks this guy wants her for.

Me, personally i wouldn't go out with someone no matter their colour ( most people from the Baltic countrys are white) unless they already had their British nationality. One could never be sure if that person wanted you for you or not.

Don't forget most con-merchants are very,very plausable.

Maybe the OP should tell said chap that she has no money, is never gonna get married again and has grown sons living with her.

I know, i'm a suspicious cow, but a safe one. :D

I think your all a wee bit niave, there are guys and gals out there from other countrys who want to meet British folk just for the sake of a passport or to fleece money.

I am not saying they are all like that but most are.

I think the OP has to ask herself what she really thinks this guy wants her for.

Me, personally i wouldn't go out with someone no matter their colour ( most people from the Baltic countrys are white) unless they already had their British nationality. One could never be sure if that person wanted you for you or not.

Maybe the OP should tell said chap that she has no money, is never gonna get married again and has grown sons living with her.

i am glad someone else thinks like me. i have told him i dont have money, well i am sure i have when he asked me what i did for a living, he knows i have a grown up son at home and other sons and we are a close famiily and i dont want to get married again which i am sure on that.

i too am a suspicious cow as well. but thats to everyone not just people of a different race

That may well be the case, but it isnt always as you say. Besides which no ones advocating the OP should drop everything and marry this bloke or even have a more intimate relationship until she'd got to know a potential partner well, that would be good advice for everyone, not just those contemplating a relationship with a foreigner.

Most probably just companionship and the possibility of a relationship, no more that that..just like most adults.

You're right there, but African con merchants are no more plausible than British ones and you're more likely to encounter the latter whilst living in this country.

To dismiss everyone on the basis they're not a British national would be restricting your range of potentially fantastic partners and exciting learning experiences, just because they don't hold a British passport.

If that's the truth then he shouldn't have a problem with that revelation, if it's a lie then the OP would be the problem, not him.

personally i think that someones nationality isn't an issue in any way. the best thing about the dating stage is you can get to know what someones like before it gets serious ^-^ and if you don't get on with someone i would have thought that was just down to their personality not where they've come from? there are plenty of people i would choose not to date in every part of the world, the uk included!!!

awww it could be really romantic to get to know someone language aswell as their personality :3 i was always rubbish at languages at school though hahaha

yeah, i guess to get to the stage of arranging a date, you'd sort of assume both of them could speak the same language!

personally i think that someones nationality isn't an issue in any way. the best thing about the dating stage is you can get to know what someones like before it gets serious ^-^ and if you don't get on with someone i would have thought that was just down to their personality not where they've come from? there are plenty of people i would choose not to date in every part of the world, the uk included!!!

:confused:

So you would date someone without the intention of something romantic and long term, but you do it to find out about other people's thoughts and culture? :suspect:

I dont think a chinese girl would spend the night in watching repeats of falwty towers while eating fish, chips and peas with a glass of wine.

Her ways would be very different to mine, so in some cases i would say no.

Why not? I am a chinese girl who used to laugh at Falwty Towers and love a decent good fish and chips (that is made like those ones found in Whitby) , while drinking, maybe not a glass of wine, but a cuppa tea! :hihi:

Though, I do know what you mean about differences. What I find is true is that it is not necessarily to do with race, but one's heart and one's values. I recall falling for an Asian guy in the US when we chatted about our families. I think we hold the same values as each other, and that's pretty important in my book.

I think the interaction between yourself and the other person is pretty important as well.

I think most of the posts on here are a load of bull.

Try it and see, after a few dates you should know if things are going your way or not.

I have (am) been married to someone of a different nationality for 42 years and I think it is fine.Yes there can be some problems but most are easily resolved.

If you need to ask the question it is not for you.

I think most of the posts on here are a load of bull.

Try it and see, after a few dates you should know if things are going your way or not.

I have (am) been married to someone of a different nationality for 42 years and I think it is fine.Yes there can be some problems but most are easily resolved.

If you need to ask the question it is not for you.

What is a load of bull? :confused: