How long did it take you to pass your driving test?

How long from have not driven before to passing your test?

I start my lessons next Saturday, and i was just wondering how long it might take. I know everyone is different. But would still like to know.

From not having driven before to passing my test it took me 20, I'm 21 now. Though on a more serious note I had lessosn for about 18 months and passed on my third attempt. I think I'm a good driver though but was a bit anxious and edgy on my first test and endedup stopping at a filter traffic light when the way I wanted to go was on green but the straight on bit was on red. So basically as soon as I did that I failed. Then the second time I went to the Worksop test centre as I thought it'd be quieter and therefore easier to pass, though I did well but I reckon because their routes are easier than Sheffield the examiners are stricter. Best advice just don't set yourself any targets before you start your lessons and try and pass the theory test asap so when your ready to do the practical test you can book it straight away. Also when you think your ready to do the practical test ask your instructor what he thinks, if he agrees book it. If he doesn't agree ask him why he/she doesn't think your ready if the reasons are right have more lessons. But if the reasons don't seem valid get another instructor who isn't robbing you of as much money as they can get out of you and get the test booked. Some instructors will keep their pupils having lessons as long as they can.

I passed my test after 6 months of lessons, when I was 17.

I think that the key is to make sure that you only go in for your test when both you and your instructor feel that you are ready for it. Not feeling ready is only likely to make you nervous, which leads to mistakes on your test.

i started in February, had one a week then passed in July so months. My test was booked for June but the intructor taking my test didnt turn up, so had to re-arrange.

It took me just short of ten months to pass my driving test, but it took me three attempts because I was sure I could do it after 4! (Obviously not!)

I got a cr at 16 so i was out and about in it anytime I could get a licenced driver with me. I got my licence 1 month and 6 days after my 18th birthday. (legal age for driving in Victoria)

Three months, but I was having three 2 hour lessons a week.

I've had 4 lessons (2 a week) and my instructor thinks I will only need 10-12 more lessons until I'm ready for my test. I'm 28 and haven't ever driven before.

My friend who has just passed after 2 tests has needed 55-60 lessons (she's 25) and it took her 2yrs nearly. I think it depends on you, as much as the instructor. If you are a confident natural driver it will be quicker, if it takes you longer to pick things up then it'll take longer!

Good Luck xx

My Dad taught me, then I had six lessons and passed.

I had never driven, I had 10 lessons and passed!

i had never driven before so needed 50 ish lessons !! 10months or so i think before i passed 2nd time . best thing i ever did .

3 read it and worship ;) lessons with Blacks of sheffield and passed first time, then went on to have 4 days of 2hr sessions for my hgv and passed with 3 minor faults... Sits back with smug grin on face.... ;)