Wharncliffe Crags/Greno Woods Sunday 18th January

Will it be ok to bring a friend? if so could you put me down for another buffet.

(If its not too late)

Many Thanks See you Sunday.

Pops

No problem Pops, friend added.

For everybody's benefit, I've just found out that the buffet is £4.50 each, and as it's booked for 3.30, I think a light lunch will be the order of the day for during the walk!

bobbins! this is another one i cant make. :(

the social on the 30th clashes with a friends band playing too! :(:(

I'm coming - a pint is enough for this tum!

yep..look out for eli an mack!

oops...no eli....

Back home after my fill. Enjoyable walk, despite getting almost blown off at the top of the crags, and some great company. Afraid there were too many of you for me to go around, but I hope our paths cross again on future walks.

Once again a record turn-out and fabulous weather for this great walk. It was a bit blustery on the top of the crags but the views were great.

Just a pity that for once I'd forgotten to take my camera.

A very welcome beer or two to round off the day. Hope to see everyone again and I'll leave it to Scoobz to do the unenviable roll call task :thumbsup:

That was a wonderful but rather windy walk today. 39 people in total and 4 dogs (even though we nealy lost one). It was great to meet so many new walkers, hope you will all join us again soon .I think I managed to speak to everyone, even if it wasn't for a long time.

Well, that was a long walk for an old woman!:D But, as Scoobz said, at least I've still got my own teeth! I think one or two found it a bit hard going, although most of us made it to the bitter end:thumbsup:

It was nice that Jayemm & Imp in a Box put in a Royal appearance 1/2 way round the walk - great you could make it - hope you'll come again - & don't forget to post your photos.

There were so many new people I didn't get chance to talk to everyone, especially as we were so spread out. Hope to see you all again on another walk. If it was hard going, don't be put off - a lot of the regulars found it hard as well - we do do easier ones!

The buffet was a nice way to end the walk, although the veggie food had almost all gone by the time most of the veggies arrived:suspect:

________

Shemale Lesbian

Edited by Hemlock

Once again a very enjoyable walk,i think i got to speak to a few more people than a i did on my 1st walk.

A BIG thankyou to Roger :thumbsup:(sorry i dont know your user name) for staying at the back ,helping my mother in law and his missus for the lift to get her back to base.

Thanks Scoobz for organising the buffet

Looking forward to the next adventure.

See you all again soon Pops :thumbsup:

Hopefully Grenoside is back to normal now after what must have been a rare sight for the locals to see 39 people walking along Main Street!

There was no escape for them in the Old Harrow either as we filled the pub when we got back. All good stuff though as we had a most enjoyable day in one of the loveliest parts of Sheffield. I know I'm biased cos it's my neck of the woods, but I can't help saying it.

I hope I get the roll-call right today, but if I miss anybody then apologies, and please shout out and I'll alter the list. I felt a bit like a schoolteacher today; doing a register at the start, taking the dinner money, keeping an eye on everyone during the walk. Well, I did the first 2 ok, before anybody says anything :suspect:, just need to give some thought to the third one for next time. Incidentally, if anybody's got any suggestions in this area for the next time we get this amount of people, feel free to suggest!

Anyway, the roll-call today was Hemlock, Mr Hemlock, Taxman, Rivelin6, Mad Hatter, Nooka, Agent Orange, Scoobz, Billysmum, Vincentvega, Eclair, Village Owl, Parkwoman, Rob, Mrpedantic, Poppypopstar, Mama Pops, Alligin, Sherwood1, Inkie, Inkie major, Inkie minor, Brother Inkie, Busy Lizzie, Lorri, Snow Don, Ian, Birdygirl, Mick, Swami Dhyan, Mack633, Gudygobla, Gudgobmum, Neily, Bill, John, Impinabox, Jayemm, Foxforcefive.

A massive welcome to newbies Mama Pops, Lorri, Birdygirl, Mick, Gudygobla, Gudygobmum, Bill and John. Hope you enjoyed it today, and that we see you all again soon.

Sorry I couldn't get round everybody today, I tried my best to and hopefully all the newbies felt welcomed, but try as I might I just couldn't spread myself round as much as I would have liked to :D.