Wharncliffe Crags/Greno Woods Sunday 18th January

Just want to add my offer of any help that might be needed on future walks, happy to take on any role in the middle or back - will leave the leading to others!! Don't feel you have to take on all the responsibility yourself Scoobz you do a sterling job of organising the route and motivating us all we don't want you worn out with additional duties. Part of being a group is that we can share responsibilities as well as the enjoyment.

Just want to add my offer of any help that might be needed on future walks, happy to take on any role in the middle or back - will leave the leading to others!! Don't feel you have to take on all the responsibility yourself Scoobz you do a sterling job of organising the route and motivating us all we don't want you worn out with additional duties. Part of being a group is that we can share responsibilities as well as the enjoyment.

Don't worry, I won't be doing anything extra BL, just delegate more!

Based on what people have suggested, I've put some ideas together, e-mailed them to Neoteric & will have them in place by a week on Sunday.

Many thanks to you, and other people who have very kindly offered to help. You will be used (but not abused!) in the full course of time.

Don't forget to put me down to help in any way - before, during or after a walk, but like BL, I'll leave the leading to others!

________

Kitchen Measures

Edited by Hemlock

I agree with you busy lizzie, as said earlier I am happy to join busy lizzie on middle or back, I dont think I have the experience to lead. I am also happy to help organise a social or two with you as well. I really did have a good day on saturday, and I was totally worn out. Scoobz you and Billysmum do a fab job with all the organisaztion of everything. xx :)

WOW :owhat a great turnout, almost too many people to count!

Another fun:thumbsup: enjoyable day topped off with a great walk:D, the weather was perfect for walking even though I did think we may get blown off the crags with that powerful wind. I really enjoyed the gathering at the Old Harrow afterwards and it was great to see that so many faces had stopped for food:thumbsup:

Special mention to Aligin who did a great job as the sweeper so to speak.:thumbsup:

Regarding ideas to improve walks with such large numbers, I agree with everything thats been stated, especially the ideas of back and middle markers along with two or three leaders.

Also it may be an idea to make sure that two or three of the markers/leaders have all got every other leader/markers number. To stop us becoming so stretched out how about introducing a quick 5 minute stop every so often to do a quick head count.

SCOOBZ, I also loved the idea of giving a description of the walk to numerous people as they arrive, I'm sure that we could produce a note with enough details on to hand out in plenty of time for each walk, I'll discuss it with Scoobz next time I see him.

Count me in to help:help: in anyway that I can either before or during, I in no way mind being a point of contact during the walk (I always tend to be near the middle), see you all again soon.

I agree with you busy lizzie, as said earlier I am happy to join busy lizzie on middle or back, I dont think I have the experience to lead. I am also happy to help organise a social or two with you as well. I really did have a good day on saturday, and I was totally worn out. Scoobz you and Billysmum do a fab job with all the organisaztion of everything. xx :)

Did I miss this one?:hihi:

________

Children nexium

Edited by Hemlock

I also loved the idea of giving a description of the walk to numerous people as they arrive, I'm sure that we could produce a note with enough details on to hand out in plenty of time for each walk

would it be possible to make use of Google earth and a "Google earth add on" to draw the route on a map, and then upload it to a "Sheffield forum facebook group"? it shouldnt take to much time and then people could look at the route before or print it out to bring with them.

would it be possible to make use of Google earth and a "Google earth add on" to draw the route on a map, and then upload it to a "Sheffield forum facebook group"? it shouldnt take to much time and then people could look at the route before or print it out to bring with them.

It should be possible, i'll discuss it with some people who know more about Google Earth and facebook websites etc, as I've never used either and we'll see what we can come up with.

Well, it's no wonder we all felt a little tired after this walk. According to Lorri, her GPS showed that we'd done 9.9 miles all told. Let's do it again!