Punk gigs at the Marples

does anyone remember big johns american police car!! also anyone remember bill eileen (the vicars daughter with a pinky pussy!!) longy sarah stu soski (the skinhead) really miss those days in woolies cafe and meeting in the hole in the room every saturday for the big walk up fargate and down the moor

eileen sparkes was the vicars daughter,chris long is dead,but soski is still around.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone remember when the Marples was a venue for punk bands? I spent many an evening there in the late seventies watching the likes of Discharge, GBH, Vice Squad, UK Subs & many more. Oh happy days.

Wonder where all the punks have gone now They were truly wondorous days & Marcus Featherby who seemed to organise the events where is he now.

i was a punk way back then does anyone remember stiff little fingers at the limit it was cancelled because one of the band had been locked up hundreds of us ended up marching in protest all the way through town they eventually played the polys refectory opposite train station

i was a punk way back then does anyone remember stiff little fingers at the limit it was cancelled because one of the band had been locked up hundreds of us ended up marching in protest all the way through town they eventually played the polys refectory opposite train station

I thought that was the Cockney Rejects..

Hiya peeps, yeah the marples what wikid times, I was lead singer with Plastik toyz and also worked for free helping promoting/setting up etc, Ive still got the original recording of Mau maus and plastik toyz live @ the marples, Although the full recording didnt get released as our guitarist left, I remember we tried out guitarist from cute pubes but it just didnt seem right so we called it a day, Ive got the original recording on tape just need to get it on cd, We were very close with Chris/podge/bunny and lev (lev was our bassist cousin) other mates of the time inc Macky/big john/grant/soski/doggysid/grape/kate/martin/captain/faz/dean and his bro/jesus/julie/tiny And our drummer STEVO (R.I.P) STRANGLERS DEAN (R.I.P) CHRIS LONG (R.I.P) FRAZER (R.I.P)

Hiya peeps, yeah the marples what wikid times, I was lead singer with Plastik toyz and also worked for free helping promoting/setting up etc, Ive still got the original recording of Mau maus and plastik toyz live @ the marples, Although the full recording didnt get released as our guitarist left, I remember we tried out guitarist from cute pubes but it just didnt seem right so we called it a day, Ive got the original recording on tape just need to get it on cd, We were very close with Chris/podge/bunny and lev (lev was our bassist cousin) other mates of the time inc Macky/big john/grant/soski/doggysid/grape/kate/martin/captain/faz/dean and his bro/jesus/julie/tiny And our drummer STEVO (R.I.P) STRANGLERS DEAN (R.I.P) CHRIS LONG (R.I.P) FRAZER (R.I.P)

You knew Big John ?!! I must know you by sight then,I used to knock around with John a lot,I remember the police constantly telling him to remove his bullet belt!

I was a Sheffield punk from about 1979 til coming to Germany in 1984.I used to follow the Stranglers all over the country,we even went on the French tour in 1983.

In the early 80's I used to go to the saturday night disco down the polytechnic with my then punkette girlfriend Ruth,(she is now a lab technician or some such thing in York),and a load of other punks including Big John.

Also to Mona Lisa's,Rebels etc.

Do we know each other ? Jamie

Does anyone remember when the Marples was a venue for punk bands? I spent many an evening there in the late seventies watching the likes of Discharge, GBH, Vice Squad, UK Subs & many more. Oh happy days.

Wonder where all the punks have gone now They were truly wondorous days & Marcus Featherby who seemed to organise the events where is he now.

Do we know each other, Jamie

ill have to see if my old technics deck works then i can record tape to cd if required.

i used to know jesus and chris long, also knew deano very slightly, just started hanging around the peace gardens when he died (yeah im a youngun lol), still got the cutting from the star about his death.

Deano has been dead a few years now, I remember John (Burnel) telling me that he was dead at a Stranglers gig in Germany years back.

I didn't know Chris Long was dead until I read Tony Beesley's new book.

Anybody know Tiny (Ian Squires) ? He was a mate of Deano's and a big Stranglers fan, not seen him for years.