Privilege Thalambo let her stay

My family came from Zimbabwe , we fled Mugabe for fear of our lives but we wouldn't have been safe in any African country hence we came to the uk . we have Ancestral rights to be here even though my parents were born there.

we would have much prefered to stay in Botswanna or South Africa.

All very intresting ! Doesnt really answer any of my questions. So why would it have been unsafe for you in any African country.

I seriously doubt this.

I have several Zimabwean friends still enjoying a good life in Africa.

my father still can't return , he spoke out against Mugarbe in 1984 and my mother, my sisters and I were beaten by his policemen. We had to come here to the uk it was our only safe haven, seriously would you leave a beautiful country like there to live in Sheffield? unless it was for a very good reason, africa suffers corruption grand style.

I seriously doubt this.

I have several Zimabwean friends still enjoying a good life in Africa.

Do they support mugabe then? Most of our friends are starving and very ill just now, they can't even get to a hospital , 3 friends have died of cholera since christmas day.

Do they support mugabe then? Most of our friends are starving and very ill just now, they can't even get to a hospital , 3 friends have died of cholera since christmas day.

Look back to what you said.

Originally Posted by jennyhenny View Post

........ but we wouldn't have been safe in any African country .............

You would appear to be confusing "Zimbabwe" with "Africa".

There are many countries on the continent where Zimbabweans are welcomed without persecution.

Look back to what you said.

You would appear to be confusing "Zimbabwe" with "Africa".

There are many countries on the continent where Zimbabweans are welcomed without persecution.

We may have been welcomed , how many people settled in other African countries have been safe? my father has lost quite a few friends because they spoke out , even in Botswanna , south africa and Kenya , if you speak out there against mugabe you will suffer, his secret police are everywhere,

If you haven't lived there you can't truelly understand what Zimbabwe is like.

Here you call Gordon Brown an ass and nothing will happen , call that Mugabe he will react , we had our home burnt down in front of us , my mother beaten in front of us when pregnant with my sister. come on get real see whats going on guys please. It needs to be positive for Priviledge you don't really know how she has suffered but i can tell you my mum never recovered and sadly died still talking about what we had been through.

... his secret police are everywhere, ..........

No. They are not.

I repeat .... I have several Zimbabwean friends who live without fear in more than one African country.

Some of them are 'anti-mugabe emigrants'.

This is a very emotive topic and you will do yourself a great favour by ensuring that the wording of your claims are pedantically correct.

Surely the moral is to not speak out, just move on? If Brown was a tyrannical despot who killed those who spoke out against him, I'd simply move on rather than make life difficult for myself and burn my bridges first.

Granted, this isn't going to unseat Mugabe, but speaking out hasn't done much good so far, has it? Ditto Hussein in Iraq.

Update merged into main thread, which is remaining closed because it's gone the same way as it did before., ie: arguing the same points round & round in circles. Cheers.