Numptys driving in fog with no lights on!

Although there was some fog, it wasn't bad enough to warrant them. Fog lights (especially twin ones) can look like brake lights and be more of a danger.

If you are driving the correct distance from the vehicle in front and can see the tail lights you don't need fog lights on.

I wonder how many drivers who drive with their front fog lights on all the time went to look for an extra button to turn on?

If you are driving the correct distance from the vehicle in front and can see the tail lights you don't need fog lights on.
Perhaps, but I'll put mine on if I feel visibility is poor. I'd rather have them on and not have some half-blind uninsured driver rear-end me and any help I can give them to stop them doing that, I will.

on saturday, the day with bad fog!.

It wasn't bad fog, it was just fog.

was amazed at how many cars on the road driving with no fog lights on.

The fog was not bad enough to warrant the use of foglights. Visibility was easily 100m, if not more.

unbelievable. do they not realise the dangers or are they just stupid.

No, they understand the correct usage of fog lights. You don't appear to.

"Fog lights on cars are there to be used when weather conditions deteriorate and visibility is reduced to such an extent that regular taillights are no longer effective."

It wasn't even remotely close to being this bad on Saturday

the fog was bad.

No, it wasn't.

those numptys should be taking theory tests, cos they no idea of the rules of driving in fog.

Seemingly, neither do you!

mind you lots of peeps drivin in rain and no lights on, when they should be on in rain.

Nonsense!

The fog was not bad enough to warrant the use of foglights. Visibility was easily 100m, if not more.

Disagree. It depends where you were. Up Wisewood it was so thick you couldn't even see across the road. A few hundred yards down the road it was as clear as a bell.

Disagree. It depends where you were. Up Wisewood it was so thick you couldn't even see across the road. A few hundred yards down the road it was as clear as a bell.

This may have been true, but it would be nice if people then turn them off when out of that little patch!

I favour (front only) foglights as daylights rather than dipped beams because they point down so are far less dazzling.

What about the one that rear ends you because they cant see your brake lights due to dazzle from the fog lights.

theripsaw I favour (front only) foglights as daylights rather than dipped beams because they point down so are far less dazzling

If you say so :roll: shame the Highway Code or the police don’t take the same point of view.

on saturday, the day with bad fog!. was amazed at how many cars on the road driving with no fog lights on. unbelievable. do they not realise the dangers or are they just stupid. the fog was bad. those numptys should be taking theory tests, cos they no idea of the rules of driving in fog. mind you lots of peeps drivin in rain and no lights on, when they should be on in rain.

Hmmm, you sound like of of those people who switches their fog light on at the slightest sign of mist or rain then never turns if off again!! Do you use your fog light on motorways in the rain?

Do you switch it off as soon as someone comes up behind you?