The anything to do with Buses and Drivers Thread

which bus operater do you think is the best?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. which bus operater do you think is the best?

• yorkshire terrier
    • yorkshire traction
    • arriva yorkshire
    • tm travel
    • stagecoach
    • other

and so they should it would stop a lot of trouble on the buses, I was travelling from sheffield to rotherham on the 130 bus I was sat downstairs talking to the driver who I knew when there must have been about 10 kids got off the bus at brinsworth, you know when you have that feeling when something is not right well we both got it so my mate stopped the bus just below the atlas pub mind you it was a good thing he did, the bloody buggars had set all the metro papers on fire upstairs if we hadnt have smelled paper burning then the all bloody bus would have gone up. what these yobbo's dont realise if they carry on doing what they are doing then first bus will take off the buses what go around there. who will be sorry then I wonder ?. bring back the clippy's they should never have got rid of them at least you knew where you stood with them.

Bus drivers do have the right to ask anyone to leave the bus. The vehicles sre private property and the driver is responsible for the bus.

The problem is that drivers are alone when asking youths to leave a bus (and not just youths) and it's not an easy thing to do.

Clippys would be a good idea however as they are private companies they cannot afford this. The alternatives is funding from the PTE (not an option due to costs) or puttng fares up what people wouldn't want.

Vicious circle i'm afraid!

Well that was the second time in as many weeks that I've nearly been run down by a 51 bus; I wonder if it's the same driver? Watch out at the bottom of the Moor, where the road narrows to form a crossing and bus gate. This driver seems to like to mount the kerb as soon as possible to save having to steer his bus into the stop. :mad:

I got on a 51 last week and said "Can I have a Centro fare please?". Bus driver goes "yer what?" so I said "A Centro, the 30p fare?". The I got a blast back from him: "I know what it bloody well is." Nice. Partway up Arundel Gate he let fly at a car driver "Yer F***in B*****d!" I don't know... Maybe he was in a temper because he needed the toilet or something?

But I also have a good driver story. :) I was waiting for a 33 last week and didn't see it pull up as it was a minibus for some reason. I sat there in dreamland and just as he was about to go I saw the number and hailed him even though I was expecting him to set off, but no, he waited for me!

Originally posted by Mathom

Well that was the second time in as many weeks that I've nearly been run down by a 51 bus; I wonder if it's the same driver? Watch out at the bottom of the Moor, where the road narrows to form a crossing and bus gate. This driver seems to like to mount the kerb as soon as possible to save having to steer his bus into the stop. :mad:

I got on a 51 last week and said "Can I have a Centro fare please?". Bus driver goes "yer what?" so I said "A Centro, the 30p fare?". The I got a blast back from him: "I know what it bloody well is." Nice. Partway up Arundel Gate he let fly at a car driver "Yer F***in B*****d!" I don't know... Maybe he was in a temper because he needed the toilet or something?

But I also have a good driver story. :) I was waiting for a 33 last week and didn't see it pull up as it was a minibus for some reason. I sat there in dreamland and just as he was about to go I saw the number and hailed him even though I was expecting him to set off, but no, he waited for me!

You see there is never a dull moment travelling on a First bus and here was me thinking every one was happy with First these days and the thread was fizzling out.

Originally posted by d71146

Originally posted by Mathom

You see there is never a dull moment travelling on a First bus and here was me thinking every one was happy with First these days and the thread was fizzling out.

I Missed the radio Sheffield interview with Brandon Jones a few weeks ago , did anyone here what he had to say?

Know I didnt but going back to this price increase on the bus passes that comes into effect on the 22nd of may. right these are the passes what is going up.south yorkshire travel masters, this is including the off peak ones, zone travel masters,south yorkshire peak explorer, and the flexi master I am trying to get a full list of the price increase if I do then I will put it on here the trouble is if I write it out when I am down there I will be there for a while but I could always use my dictating recorder and copy it from that.

Surprisingly I want to praise a bus driver!!

I was coming up Hartley Brook Road earlier today and were flashed through by a First bus I nearly stalled the car in amazement!

Just coming home on the 58 route -20.15 from town.

Some young teenagers (non above 14 and some younger)

Got on at st johns church on manchester road.- Deepcar.

First of all they ran up and down bus screaming , but i thought nothing of this as its the norm.

Then when the bus got to Kenworthy road(stocksbridge)a few got off and set an alarm off , the driver did nothing at first, then eventually went to turn it off. - upstairs somewhere.

He then went back to drive and during this two of the louts had opened the fire door, despite an oldish man and I shouting at them to close the door,the driver carried on driving with the door nearly hanging off its hinges.

until the bus came to a standstill.

the lights went off , the door was opened at least twice more and still the driver did nothing.

Then he set off and the bus jolted to a halt sending a few passengers careering to the front of the bus.

During all this they were shouting down the bus and insulting passengers.

One young bloke who got on who i know to have learning probs and a speech problem was very cruely humiliated by them and one of the younger louts started immitating how he spoke.

still the driver did nothing or said nothing.

Then the louts started laughing because one of the o.a.p passengers fell when the driver jolted the bus to a standstill then started it again. - another incident.

During all this despite pleas from pasengers to throw the louts off, the driver never said a word and caried on driving.

not once did the driver say to them" close the fire door"

The old man shut the door twice and in one instance nearly fell out.

they were smoking down stairs too - nothing said.

I think they must have come out of some kind of youth club or something at st johns church.

No one could say that the driver would have been in danger if he had told them off as a pensioner sorted the door out.

And both he and I told them off. most of them were about 13 yr old.

I shall report this dreadful experience to first mainline the first chance i get.

Ive lived in some pretty rough places before but non of the teenagers have been half as bad as the ones here in stocksbridge.

Its not just the vandalism its their attitude to everything, they think they can do the most horrible things and get away with it round here, for the simple reason no one ever tells them off, they just let them do anthing they want.

day in day out the bus gets stoned on kenworthy rd ,and once when it happenned a 40 odd year old man stood at one of the houses on there and just watched them do it and laughed.

Im beginning to think a lot of the stocksbridge town folk are just zombie-fied , what planet are they on.

People in other areas dont put up with things to the extent they do here.

its like Royston Vasey or something.

Originally posted by tara

Just coming home on the 58 route -20.15 from town.

Some young teenagers (non above 14 and some younger)

Got on at st johns church on manchester road.- Deepcar.

First of all they ran up and down bus screaming , but i thought nothing of this as its the norm.

Then when the bus got to Kenworthy road(stocksbridge)a few got off and set an alarm off , the driver did nothing at first, then eventually went to turn it off. - upstairs somewhere.

He then went back to drive and during this two of the louts had opened the fire door, despite an oldish man and I shouting at them to close the door,the driver carried on driving with the door nearly hanging off its hinges.

until the bus came to a standstill.

the lights went off , the door was opened at least twice more and still the driver did nothing.

Then he set off and the bus jolted to a halt sending a few passengers careering to the front of the bus.

During all this they were shouting down the bus and insulting passengers.

One young bloke who got on who i know to have learning probs and a speech problem was very cruely humiliated by them and one of the younger louts started immitating how he spoke.

still the driver did nothing or said nothing.

Then the louts started laughing because one of the o.a.p passengers fell when the driver jolted the bus to a standstill then started it again. - another incident.

During all this despite pleas from pasengers to throw the louts off, the driver never said a word and caried on driving.

not once did the driver say to them" close the fire door"

The old man shut the door twice and in one instance nearly fell out.

they were smoking down stairs too - nothing said.

I think they must have come out of some kind of youth club or something at st johns church.

No one could say that the driver would have been in danger if he had told them off as a pensioner sorted the door out.

And both he and I told them off. most of them were about 13 yr old.

I shall report this dreadful experience to first mainline the first chance i get.

Ive lived in some pretty rough places before but non of the teenagers have been half as bad as the ones here in stocksbridge.

Its not just the vandalism its their attitude to everything, they think they can do the most horrible things and get away with it round here, for the simple reason no one ever tells them off, they just let them do anthing they want.

day in day out the bus gets stoned on kenworthy rd ,and once when it happenned a 40 odd year old man stood at one of the houses on there and just watched them do it and laughed.

Im beginning to think a lot of the stocksbridge town folk are just zombie-fied , what planet are they on.

People in other areas dont put up with things to the extent they do here.

its like Royston Vasey or something.

Sounds like a normal day working for First South Yorkshire Buses!

anybody out there agree BUSES carry very few people anymore, its high time they were scrapped. OVERNIGHT you would get rid of the traffic problem that is makin sheffield a commuting hell for everybody who doesnt ride on buses, which is more or less everybody apart from oaps and teenagers, so much avoidable rage for the sake of so few:rant:

anybody out there agree BUSES carry very few people anymore

You've obviously not been on one for a while.

OVERNIGHT you would get rid of the traffic problem

Gotta disagree with you there.

....everybody apart from oaps....

You might be glad of them when you're an OAP, there's no state pension and you need to get around cheaply!

Originally posted by no55sammy1

anybody out there agree BUSES carry very few people anymore, its high time they were scrapped. OVERNIGHT you would get rid of the traffic problem that is makin sheffield a commuting hell for everybody who doesnt ride on buses, which is more or less everybody apart from oaps and teenagers, so much avoidable rage for the sake of so few:rant:

bus companies clearly think that they have enough passengers to make a profit, and I doubt that there are enough teenagers to provide that, so your argument is clearly flawed somewhere.