The anything to do with Buses and Drivers Thread

which bus operater do you think is the best?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. which bus operater do you think is the best?

• yorkshire terrier
    • yorkshire traction
    • arriva yorkshire
    • tm travel
    • stagecoach
    • other

Can you confirm your source bigkev regarding price increase on prepaid travelmaster tickets as no info on PTE page.

Originally posted by Andy C

Well, maybe any train - it seems the Transport Executive 'forgot' to tell the train companies this!

probably i caught a tram today and the tram conductor did'nt even know that the ticket existed.

Originally posted by silverknight

Can you confirm your source bigkev regarding price increase on prepaid travelmaster tickets as no info on PTE page.

i've heard about this too they have just put up the zone weekly and monthly tickets aswell but knowing sypte they won't put it on there news till the day before.

don't forget to post updated news about public transport in south yorkshire.

The Travelmaster prices have not changed since 23rd May 2004 ,Bigkev mentions a rise next month.Sigmar 14 which tickets are you talking about? The PTE has NO SAY on individual Operater Tickets i.e. First, Stagecoach.

I got my information from the interchange in rotherham as they have got a list that is posted on the front counters. this information was told to me by my very good friend who works there and they pointed it out to me. I have got to go into rotherham tomorrow morning so I will call in and try to either write it all down or I will ask my friend for the details cant say fairer than that can I, and I will post it on here on saturday cant do it friday night as I am going to a meeting in leeds.

Now it has been a few weeks that Bus Inspectors are back on the streets do members feel that this has made any difference at all to the reliability of services in and around Sheffield or is this another publicity stunt gone wrong.

I have only seen 2 of them since they came back onto the buses and only seen 1 in rotherham where as when they use to be out before they got rid of them you couldnt move for them. I also think that it is a waste of time having them, you could always see them down in the bus station thats before everything was changed but at least it gets the unemployment down.

Regarding bus inpectors back on the streets First now intend to fine passengers caught travelling on its buses with out of date passes ie saver cards etc etc in the sum of £35.00 should prove a real money spinner that.

Do they have the power to evict yobbo passengers?

It might get me back onto busses if they do & indeed exercise this power! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Don_Kiddick

Do they have the power to evict yobbo passengers?

It might get me back onto busses if they do & indeed exercise this power! :thumbsup:

I stand to be corrected on this but the driver has the right to ask a passenger to leave the vehicle if they contravene the company's condition of carraige etc if they will not leave the police will be called and the person or persons taken off the vehicle.I have always believed that the buses will attract more custom if there was some way of preventing the yobbo element travelling.

Originally posted by d71146

I stand to be corrected on this but the driver has the right to ask a passenger to leave the vehicle if they contravene the company's condition of carraige etc if they will not leave the police will be called and the person or persons taken off the vehicle.I have always believed that the buses will attract more custom if there was some way of preventing the yobbo element travelling.

As we have said before bring back the Clippys that would solve a lot of the problems on the buses.