The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

Getting closer by the min.

The big bit will go clean passed us. The bit sticking out on the right and the little spoldge further to the right look to ensure a brief 30m to 1h sprinkling (see colour = low precipitation) at most. Not a deal more here until possibly Sunday if things don't take an unexpected turn. Like I said earlier. Shows over already. If we have enough grit even the bus drivers might have to return to work!

The big bit will go clean passed us. The bit sticking out on the right and the little spoldge further to the right look to ensure a brief 30m to 1h sprinkling (see colour = low precipitation) at most. Not a deal more here until possibly Sunday if things don't take an unexpected turn. Like I said earlier. Shows over already. If we have enough grit even the bus drivers might have to return to work!

They've just said on Magic AM that the Council has stated they've got plenty of grit at the moment. Hopefully it'll help reduce the problems on the icy roads tonight.

The other prob with the met office radar is it only shows above a certain level, as when it was raining before I emailed asking why it didnt show on the radar and they said that it only shows above a certain height and if the clouds below that it wont show, so its still not that accurate.

Give it about 10 minutes and the radar image from 4pm should be on there.

Updates up, thining out on our side of it.........

Thats an evil little thing heading for the south coast but I know the BBC have that one covered and reckon it to drift east and across before getting passed the south west, with possibly a bit of fallout in the east midlands if combining this with earlier weather alerts for tomorrow..

Edited by MrNM