Criminal damage case, advice please?

Consult a solicitor who will advise you (for free for the first hour).

Not all are free for the first hour!

Do you have kids? If so, take them round to the offendors' houses and let them do the same, safe in the knowledge that they'll just get a slap on the wrist.

Yes already thought about doing this

obviously i dont know the in's and out's of your case. BUT if the police arrest an offender and they have the evidence in conjunction with an admission from the offender/s.... there is no way they would be "Let off". that simply does not happen. They may have recieved a warning/ reprimand. which is the lowest level punishment that can be given to an offender that admits a first offence. But they would not have been let off.

By let off I mean let off - absolutely scott free. I escalated this within South Yorkshire Police, then with my MP, before finally being referred to some useless woman in London - the honourable baroness QC of Asthall, I think she was called. All to no avail. So I'm afraid to say that yes, this simply does happen.

Queen Mary Rd.

In August we went on our fist camping trip to Great Yarmouth.

On the 4th day we got a call from my mother saying we had better come home,cus some scumbag had put 4 windows through in the house and also smashed the fromt and back windows of my partners car,which was parked on the drive.

The little wotsits were caught in the act at 3am in the morning, and arrested by the police.

After about 6 weeks we were told that because they were only 11 & 13 yrs old all they got was a final warning from the police.

We had to come back off our holiday early to the mess and cough out £250.00 for he car windows.

They have got away with it all WHAT HAPPENED TO CRIMINAL JUSTICE:huh:

Any Advice.........................

A 20 year old did £900 of damage to my wife's car. He was given a caution, mind you his Dad was in the same Masonic Lodge as the Police Inspector.

He will never know how lucky he was that my wife talked me out of having his legs broken.

My scooter was pinched some time ago now,,,,young lad fell off it down the road:) His mum caught him and made him wheel it all the way to Ecco police station and hand himself in:hihi: Then he got the bill for all the damage:D

So there is justice somewhere.

My scooter was pinched some time ago now,,,,young lad fell off it down the road:) His mum caught him and made him wheel it all the way to Ecco police station and hand himself in:hihi: Then he got the bill for all the damage:D

Too right. And this demonstrates that it has to come from the family. If the parents don't care, what hope have they got?

Well I thought it was brill...5.15am bike stolen....late for work...10am got phone call from police to say it had been recovered and story that went with it..lol

I was shocked that the young lad in question was only 9 at the time and had'nt a clue how to ride that bike, so served him right....often wondered if he ever re-offended.

LOL....I did'nt tell them that I had come off it, the day before at that slippy mud bit outside the concrete place on Newhall...steering may well have been a bit off...which was even funnier.

I was shocked that the young lad in question was only 9 at the time and had'nt a clue how to ride that bike, so served him right....often wondered if he ever re-offended.

He probably didn't need to. Pinching a bike he couldn't ride? I reckon he'll be a stuntman by now :loopy:

If the parents are letting their kids out at this time of night, I guess a claim for damages is hardly going to be heeded, and I wouldn't be surprised if they "persuaded" you to reconsider.

In that case although he's a little toe rag you have to admire the parent. A sense of right and wrong and the consequences of an action come from the parents.

Queen Mary Rd.

In August we went on our fist camping trip to Great Yarmouth.

On the 4th day we got a call from my mother saying we had better come home,cus some scumbag had put 4 windows through in the house and also smashed the fromt and back windows of my partners car,which was parked on the drive.

The little wotsits were caught in the act at 3am in the morning, and arrested by the police.

After about 6 weeks we were told that because they were only 11 & 13 yrs old all they got was a final warning from the police.

We had to come back off our holiday early to the mess and cough out £250.00 for he car windows.

They have got away with it all WHAT HAPPENED TO CRIMINAL JUSTICE:huh:

Any Advice.........................

Did the police pass your name to the Youth Offending Service?

sheffield-yos.org.uk

Did the police pass your name to the Youth Offending Service?

sheffield-yos.org.uk

No whats that :suspect:??