Sheffield's nightclubs - do you remember...?

i worked in Sinatras used to love Sat nights in the Limit

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 21:56 ----------

I remember a bouncer back in the 70s known to everyone as "dummy" = i worked in the clubs back then and he was one of the best doormen around but never actually knew his real name = it was used as an affectionate term I know that sounds wrong now but thats just how everyone knew him and he knew that also.

anytime between about 1978 and 1983/4 I would have been there, loved the place and the music.

Plain Talker - "...I remember the nightclub above the Silver-Blades Ice Rink, but I remember it as "Stars" (I cannot remember what it is called now..)..."

The place was called Samantha's in the 1970's, before it became Stars, it was a famous Northern Soul and Disco place. I first went in when I was about 14! Went in loads of times aged 15/16, remember spending my last bit of money on a drink and walking home with another lad from school, at about 2.30am, wondering if I had done the right thing, going clubbing, when I had a maths exam at school the next day (O-leves)! :hihi:

The first night club I went in was turn ups in about 1985 I was well underaged lol

anytime between about 1978 and 1983/4 I would have been there, loved the place and the music.

Plain Talker - "...I remember the nightclub above the Silver-Blades Ice Rink, but I remember it as "Stars" (I cannot remember what it is called now..)..."

The place was called Samantha's in the 1970's, before it became Stars, it was a famous Northern Soul and Disco place. I first went in when I was about 14! Went in loads of times aged 15/16, remember spending my last bit of money on a drink and walking home with another lad from school, at about 2.30am, wondering if I had done the right thing, going clubbing, when I had a maths exam at school the next day (O-leves)! :hihi:

it was still called "the heartbeat " in the early 70´s before samanthas .

Interesting thread. Happy days. Remember most places particularly Fiesta and Cavendish for the entertainment. One of my favourites was Long John Baldrey. Also saw Del Shannon, Dave Allen, 4 Tops and many more. Remember walking home from the Fiesta one New Years Eve right to Mosbro. It had started to snow and we couldn't get a Taxi:):)

it was still called "the heartbeat " in the early 70´s before samanthas .

Ah but I was only 8 years old then pal! :hihi:

Can anyone remember the Cavendish Nightclub ?

It opened in May 1967.

I was only sixteen at the time so it had changed to Baileys

Nightclub before I got in the place in the early 70's.

By then the Fiesta Nightclub was pulling in the big names.

Can anyone recall the artists who appeared at The Cavendish

in it's early days ?

I think Dusty Springfield was the first artist to appear there.

Dave Allen, Matt Monroe, Kiki Dee, Mike and Bernie Winters, to name just a few M Hill

Dave Allen, Matt Monroe, Kiki Dee, Mike and Bernie Winters, to name just a few M Hill

Bonzo Dog doodah band, Harry Secombe, Max Bygraves, Lonnie Donegan, Four Tops, Saveen and Daisy Mae.

Trust you to remember all the golden oldies Bob:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I am one myself!

anyone remember who the dj/djs were at the craisy daisy between 1973 and 1983.....organising a blast from the past in august...tribute to such a great night club....be great to get the old bowie/roxy crowd back together...

Does anyone remember the Penthouse used to play great music
I had many good nights in the penthouse good rock music played not to easy getting down the stairs after one to many tho.

anyone remember who the dj/djs were at the craisy daisy between 1973 and 1983.....organising a blast from the past in august...tribute to such a great night club....be great to get the old bowie/roxy crowd back together...

remember one of them was the bloke who used to present look north always thought it a bit odd but having said that he was decent enough