Who's the celebrity in the Ferrari?

I think I'd prefer a TVR to a Ferrari. A guy I used to work with bought a TVR (albeit a Chimera, not one of the drop-dead gorgeous Tuscans): I'm sure he was earning a lot less than I was at the time, and I've no idea how I'd even start going about affording something like that, so I guess it all comes down to priorities: if you want one bad enough, you'll find a way.

I once saw a metallic purple Tuscan in Edinburgh. Ugly as hell.

Originally posted by t020

Why are you against Sheffield having an up-market, cosmopolitan road yet quite happy to accept that London can have one? Just because we live OOOP NARTH doesn't mean we're not allowed a nice, 'trendy' place to wine and dine at. Would you rather they were all pigeon fancying instead?

I'm not against Sheffield having an upmarket cosmopolitan road to wine and dine on.

In fact, i think London Road is coming along quite nicely. Give me Wasabi Sabi, Vietnamese Noodle Bar or Froggie's over style-over-content cack like (the admittedly deceased) Slammers. The good thing about London Road - apart from that it really is cosmopolitan - is that it's generally free of the type of loud-voiced people who seem a little too pleased with themselves and their penile substitutes.

Well at least the high prices and fancy cars on Ecclesall Road help keep the plebs away :D

There are plans to introduce immigration control measures at either end of Ecclesall Road by the year 2006.

Persons will be required to establish their actual wealth before being allowed to proceed. Free car passes will be available for Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini drivers, whilst season tickets will be available for purchase by drivers of Mercedes, BMW and Audi.

The rest can stand and watch from behind the barrier :clap:

Originally posted by Tony

Well at least the high prices and fancy cars on Ecclesall Road help keep the plebs away :D

There are plans to introduce immigration control measures at either end of Ecclesall Road by the year 2006.

Persons will be required to establish their actual wealth before being allowed to proceed. Free car passes will be available for Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini drivers, whilst season tickets will be available for purchase by drivers of Mercedes, BMW and Audi.

The rest can stand and watch from behind the barrier :clap:

I'd strongly advise using the'edit' button before EL_DUDERINO see's this!

(you snob lol)

Originally posted by Greenback

I'm not against Sheffield having an upmarket cosmopolitan road to wine and dine on.

In fact, i think London Road is coming along quite nicely. Give me Wasabi Sabi, Vietnamese Noodle Bar or Froggie's over style-over-content cack like (the admittedly deceased) Slammers. The good thing about London Road - apart from that it really is cosmopolitan - is that it's generally free of the type of loud-voiced people who seem a little too pleased with themselves and their penile substitutes.

But London Road is quite dumpy in parts. I much prefer Ecclesall Road. Either way though, I think we should be celebrating the fact that we have a road that is perceived to be stylish, where the wealthy wine and dine and also students drink. It's good that Sheffield can cater for as many different kinds of people as possible, IMO, and upmarket style should not be exclusive to London - it should also be permitted North of the Watford Gap.

Originally posted by t020

But London Road is quite dumpy in parts. I much prefer Ecclesall Road. Either way though, I think we should be celebrating the fact that we have a road that is perceived to be stylish, where the wealthy wine and dine and also students drink. It's good that Sheffield can cater for as many different kinds of people as possible, IMO, and upmarket style should not be exclusive to London - it should also be permitted North of the Watford Gap.

I prefer London Road (for the Cremorne alone), but other than that I broadly agree with you. :help:

:thumbsup: