Crying over spilt milk

need some advice.

I spilt a bottle of milk in my car a few days ago, and despite scrubbing it on several occasions the smell (which is unpleasant!) lingers on. If any one has any advice on how to deal with it, Iwould be grateful

try hot water with bicarbonate of soda in it?

Just a thought as it works for flasks that have had old milk in to get rid of the taste/ smell.

If you don't give it a thorough clean you will regret it,the stink lingers for ages.

I would reccomend a carpet/upholstrey cleaning machine.

That happened in our car last year, tryed everything to get rid of the smell but nothing worked, ended up getting rid of the car in the end :(

Hope you have better luck :)

ihave been to college now for two years doin mechanics course and during those courses i have done valeting and have passed and got certificates for it and i can confirm that once milk has been spilt on the carpet in a car no matter how much smellies you spray on your carpet you will not get rid of it.

Yuck - sour milk smell!!

Try the solutions suggested here, after all, pee and milk are both biological substances, so what works for one should work for the other. The key is to remove the source of the smell - not just try to cover it up.

ihave been to college now for two years doin mechanics course and during those courses i have done valeting and have passed and got certificates for it and i can confirm that once milk has been spilt on the carpet in a car no matter how much smellies you spray on your carpet you will not get rid of it.

The only answer is to replace the carpets, you could pick some up from a reclaimation yard if your lucky.

The only answer is to replace the carpets, you could pick some up from a reclaimation yard if your lucky.

yep once milk is in you car interior then you've had it you will never get rid of smell sometimes mold may start to grow where it was spilt

try hot water with bicarbonate of soda in it?

Just a thought as it works for flasks that have had old milk in to get rid of the taste/ smell.

This is what I would have said it is what I used to use when kids were little and spilt it but I used to use it straight away.

this is car interior we are talking about it will not come out at all you are stuck with it

oh dear, milk is one of those putrid smells you just cant get rid of, you may have to stip the carpets out im afraid