Where to buy a nice business suit MEGATHREAD?

Originally posted by Chalky

I need to get a suit for meeting some important clients as well. I'm like you with broad shoulders so what shop did you buy this from in Meadowhell?

Thanks in advance!

The Boss shop in Cecil Gee.

Wore the suit for the first time on Tuesday. Really, really good fit. Very pleased.

Here's a tip if you're broad like me. Ask for a shorter jacket as something long will make your whole torso seem as wide as your shoulders. Try and find something a little more fitted too for the same reason.

Good luck.

Originally posted by Unisol

Anywhere you can think of in Sheffield sell Paul Smith?

Debenhams?

Limey's?

House Of Fraser in Meadowhall.

Hi all can anyone help, where is the best place to buy a suit from, it's for my gf's un graduation. I haven't bought a suit in years so not sure of where's where nowadays and don't want to pay over the odds as the chances are I'll only wear it once.

Depends on how much you want to spend.

I think Ted Baker - Endurance II suits are great suits, you can get them in House of Fraser or Ted Baker in meadowhall.

Debenhams do a reasonable range as well.

If you'll only wear it once, Primark do suits for £20 and they're not bad either!

If you are only likely to wear it once (or very infrequently) it seems silly to spend a fortune on it.

However, just make sure if you go for Matalan or Primark that it actually fits. You are more likely to get a good fit with a good (expensive) suit, but thats not to say a cheap one won't do. But you'd be better in other smart clothes you already have than a cheap ill fitting suit, nothing looks worse!

For a middle ground there is a suit shop in Meadowhall (might be called suits you) that often have sale suits which are reasonably priced.

TJ Hughes have (or had) gent's suits for around £50. Looked reasonable quality and you can select jacket and trousers as seperates to ensure a good fit if you have long legs and short arms :)

Hi all can anyone help, where is the best place to buy a suit from, it's for my gf's un graduation. I haven't bought a suit in years so not sure of where's where nowadays and don't want to pay over the odds as the chances are I'll only wear it once.

i took my brother to asda last night for some trousers for a funeral, they had some really nice stuff: shirts,trou,jackets etc all at really good prices as well.

M&S did have a lot of suits reduced last time I looked (about a week ago), Ted Baker suits are very good for the money too. Personally I wouldn't buy a realy cheap suit, it will look realy cheap, and make you look cheap, also it will probably drop to bits after the first wear. TK Maxx is worth a look too, you can get suits reduced from £500+ to about £100.

If you buy a cheaper suit that you will probably not get much wear out of spend any extra on some good shoes, belt and tie. Accessories can really lift an ensemble.

ok guys thanks for the advice, I have to go to Meadowhall today so may try suits you and M&S. Thanks again.