Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?

BasilRathbon

Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?

It seems that the Football League is getting increasing tough on clubs that either go into adminsitration or mismanage their finances. In recent weeks we've seen Luton Town docked a massive 30 points for the forthcoming season and yesterday Rotherham United were docked 17 points on account of being unable to satisfy the normal conditions of Football League rules for exiting administration. Additionally Rotherham were also told that if they want to compete in the league this season they must accept the punishment and agree not to challenge it by a deadline of midday this Friday.

Now we know Leeds United were not only docked 15 points last season for similar offences but they also made a mockery of the ruling by spending the whole season mounting several legal challenges that disrupted the league table right up until the last few weeks of the season. Furthermore, the fact that Leeds' turnover is probably several times Luton's and Rotherham's suggests that the sums involved means Leeds' financial improprieties were far greater.

With all this in mind, the 15 point deduction Leeds were given last season seems in retrospect to be much more lenient than that given to smaller clubs in similar circumstances. Therefore, would it not be fair and a warning to other clubs to deduct another 15 points off Leeds United for the new season as well as the last?

On a serious note, Why do the FA have to punish the supporters and players. They have more or less killed Luton's season and possibly next season. Rotherham did a magnificent recovery a couple of seasons ago, can they do it again? What's more to the point, should they have to?

The players and the supporters should not have to suffer because the board haven't handled their finances properly The FA must know the long term damage that they inflict on clubs in these circumstances, which in the long run is not what the FA should be about. They should be more supportive of the "innocents" involved and come up with a more reasonable solution.

In Lutons case eg, punish the ex owners with fines and a ban in management/ownership for a set period. Likewise the people responsible for Rotherhams infringements should be fined and banned from football, new people can then be brought in and the team should be able to carry on as normal.

When a player gets so many cards he serves a suspension, his fault, his punishment. Same should apply to management/owners.

The FA need to become less of a dictatorship and more of helping council to clubs.

On a serious note, Why do the FA have to punish the supporters and players. They have more or less killed Luton's season and possibly next season.

<snippety>

Especially as (if I remember correctly) the Blue Square set up does not accept clubs in administration. If any of those three clubs (as Bournemouth now have a 17 point deduction too) were relegated, and were still in/going back into administration, they'd actually bypass the top two divisions of non-league football.

On a serious note, Why do the FA have to punish the supporters and players. They have more or less killed Luton's season and possibly next season. Rotherham did a magnificent recovery a couple of seasons ago, can they do it again? What's more to the point, should they have to?

The players and the supporters should not have to suffer because the board haven't handled their finances properly The FA must know the long term damage that they inflict on clubs in these circumstances, which in the long run is not what the FA should be about. They should be more supportive of the "innocents" involved and come up with a more reasonable solution.

In Lutons case eg, punish the ex owners with fines and a ban in management/ownership for a set period. Likewise the people responsible for Rotherhams infringements should be fined and banned from football, new people can then be brought in and the team should be able to carry on as normal.

When a player gets so many cards he serves a suspension, his fault, his punishment. Same should apply to management/owners.

The FA need to become less of a dictatorship and more of helping council to clubs.

Just to add to that,obviously the clubs are in financial difficulty and need all the support they can get any team struggling in the bottom part of the league automatically have reduced gates,sponsorships etc so by placing them firmly at the bottom of the league the F A are just compounding the problems,they may as well just kick them out of the league and cease with all their BS..

By the way Mr Boothe I dont know if you read forums like this but I would like to extend my thanks for the way you have treat Rotherham United Football Club Im sure you are quite happy with the way things have turned out and that you will have a happy, contented, comfortable life,one bit of advice though..dont ever walik into any pub in Rotherham Town Centre i dont think you will be made very welcome..Oh and whats it feel like to be the most hated man in he Borough?

10 points deducted followed by another 15.

25 points in total in the space of months !

This Sheffield Jelousy thing with Leeds really tickles me !!

Lived here in Sheffield all my life BUT thank the good lord above i chose the right football team.

LEEDS UNITED FC

Keep looking over your shoulders because normal service will be resumed very very soon.

European Cups/League Titles/FA Cups/League Cups.......

lol.........no wonder there's jelousy !!

On a more serious note..........Luton/Rotherham/Bournemouth......not the biggest clubs in the league but still steeped in tradition....something that Mawhinney and his cronies are desperate to get rid of.

They seem to make their own rules up as they go along.

Killing football !!!

Keep looking over your shoulders because normal service will be resumed very very soon.

Muddling about in the lower divisions is normal service for Leeds ... for decades prior to 1965-ish, and for a fair chunk of the time since, that's what they've been doing.

Lived here in Sheffield all my life BUT thank the good lord above i chose the right football team.

Why did you choose them? You probably have a really good reason and hate all the supporters who choose their team based on league position.