Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?

BasilRathbon

Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should Leeds United be deducted another 15 points this season?

I also find this Sheffield jealousy over Leeds United amusing - even if it's a tad pathetic.

Keep it up though you Owls and Blades, one day you too might be newsworthy - although somehow I doubt it.

Your constant whinging is always good for a laugh :hihi:

I also find this Sheffield jealousy over Leeds United amusing - even if it's a tad pathetic.

Keep it up though you Owls and Blades, one day you too might be newsworthy - although somehow I doubt it.

Your constant whinging is always good for a laugh :hihi:

Hate to destroy your assumptions old boy, but this OP is neither an owl nor a blade but a bull! That's Hereford United by the way - you probably remember us as the team that knocked Leeds United out of the FA Cup last season.:P

Anyway, I have since revised my opinion in the OP and admit that I was wrong and I now feel it would be totally unfair to deduct Leeds another 15 points this season. It should actually be another 30 point deduction!

Why? Well if you saw the feature on Luton on ITV's "The Championship" yesterday, they were arguing that their 30 point deduction was unfair because the misconduct and dodgy dealings were committed by the previous administration who are no longer at the club.

Whereas at Leeds, the dodgy dealings were dome under the leadership of Ken Bates and his cronies who are still in charge and have effectively got away with it! If football is to have any chance of being seen as fair and just, surely it makes sense for an example to be made of Leeds and either a further points deduction or demotion to non-league football is the morally right thing to do?

As much as I'd love to see it happen and have voted yes, it couldn't happen so yes they should but as we know it won't happen. The fact they have 'Leeds' in the title of their name is enough for them to start on minus points every season in my opinon though.

Why? Well if you saw the feature on Luton on ITV's "The Championship" yesterday, they were arguing that their 30 point deduction was unfair becuase the misconduct and dodgy were committed by the previous administration who are no longer at the club.

Whereas at Leeds, the dodgy dealings were dome under the leadership of Ken Bates and his cronies who are still in charge and have effectively got away with it!

This is a problem with business law as much as it is with the FA and football. Technically, the dodgy dealings at leads were not done by the current leadership - the current leadership is a company owned by Ken Bates and his cronies, but the previous leadership was a different company owned by Ken Bates and his cronies.

Go figure.

10 points deducted followed by another 15.

25 points in total in the space of months !

This Sheffield Jelousy thing with Leeds really tickles me !!

Lived here in Sheffield all my life BUT thank the good lord above i chose the right football team.

LEEDS UNITED FC

Keep looking over your shoulders because normal service will be resumed very very soon.

European Cups/League Titles/FA Cups/League Cups.......

lol.........no wonder there's jelousy !!

On a more serious note..........Luton/Rotherham/Bournemouth......not the biggest clubs in the league but still steeped in tradition....something that Mawhinney and his cronies are desperate to get rid of.

They seem to make their own rules up as they go along.

Killing football !!!

Its not just Owls and Blades fans that hate you.

Its pretty much every fan of every other club in the UK.

Man U fans hate L**ds with a passion and they are definatly not jelous of you.

Its not just Owls and Blades fans that hate you.

Its pretty much every fan of every other club in the UK.

Man U fans hate L**ds with a passion and they are definatly not jelous of you.

So what - at least we're in the hearts and minds of every football fan in the country - it's so much better than being a nonentity :hihi:

As for Owls and Blades all this "hatred" stems from jealousy in the sixties and seventies when Leeds were always on TV and always in the news.

All you ever heard was Sheffield fans moaning "why are Leeds on the telly all the time and not us" :rant: perhaps it was because you were - and still are, crap :hihi:

Why did you choose them? You probably have a really good reason and hate all the supporters who choose their team based on league position.

Not from league position.....thats for sure....:)

FA CUP Final 1973 lost 1-0 to Sunderland as a young lad from a family full of Blades (6 years old) sat and watched in awe of how Leeds played that day .......and they lost.

Unfortunately i had to endure many many many years of utter s**** at the wrong end of division 1 and then division 2 (apart from an fa cup semi final in 87) before Howard Wilkinson came in and sorted things out !!

Trips to every away game in the uefa cup/champions league then made all the suffering worthwile.......some great trips to Moscow/Barcelona/Madrid/La Coruna/Milan/Lazio/Roma/PSV/Heerenveen/Anderlect/Munich/Sofia/Valencia/Malaga/Zurich/Monaco/Stuttgart/ plus more.........

And now it's Scunthorpe/Yeovil/Swindon/ etc...........

But you Sheffield football fans are more than used to places like that !! :)

European Cups/League Titles/FA Cups/League Cups.......

lol.........no wonder there's jelousy !!

I hate to burst your bubble but you've never won the European Cup and you've only won the FA Cup once, whereas we've won it 4 times, even Wednesday have won it more times than you (3).

No jealousy at all mate. We just hate your guts. Did you know you were recently voted the most hated club in Britain?