Firefox 3 is very unstable

Wayneos

Now let's not discriminate, there are plenty of people in the East that use Firefox too.

Less be-littleing though just to use half the planets population, I can't believe I read that as well?

IE = Internet explorer right? Maybe I have my wires crossed, and FF = Firefox, this mozilla thingy ma bob I'm using right now?

Just out of interest how did you go about doing this? Did you wrap it in an msi and push it out via group policy? I'm going to be doing something similar soon just wondered how you got on with it?

Regards

No, we are about to move into GPO software deployment, but starting with Adobe Reader 9 and McAfee VirusScan. For the moment it was a "here's the installer, go nuts!".

No, we are about to move into GPO software deployment, but starting with Adobe Reader 9 and McAfee VirusScan. For the moment it was a "here's the installer, go nuts!".

I work in an environment where things have to be a little more tied down than that. I wish I didn't.

Luckily there's a company in Texas (frontmotion.com/firefox) who package Firefox into deployable MSIs, for free. They also offer .adm files for configuration via Group Policy.

Which is handy.

FF3 to me is slow as hell, even on my super fast PC at the Flat.

Internet Explorer does not have this lack of speed problem.

You're the only person in the entire western world that finds IE faster than firefox.

Actually I do as well, so there are at least two of us.

If it's speed you guys are after, then Opera is generally faster than both IE or Firefox.;)

K-Meleon or Opera for me...Firefox is slow and bloated.

I have the latest version of Firefox (only used as secondary back up browser)without any extensions but it's still generally slower than my primary browser, Opera.

I can imagine people with lots of Firefox extensions will have a much slower browser.

Firefox is better than IE and is a handy back up, but falls some way short of Opera in terms of security and standard features

Opera all the way for me!;)