Firefox 3 is very unstable

Wayneos

I have the latest version of Firefox (only used as secondary back up browser)without any extensions but it's still generally slower than my primary browser, Opera.

I can imagine people with lots of Firefox extensions will have a much slower browser.

Firefox is better than IE and is a handy back up, but falls some way short of Opera in terms of security and standard features

Opera all the way for me!;)

I found Firefox 3 slow to load, but faster than Firefox 2 displaying web pages ..I've never used Firefox with extensions, so I can't comment.

Not sure if this is upto date, it used to be.

Fortunately I can get away without using IE and have removed it from my OS. :)

Opera's rubbish as well though.

The Wii uses a custom version of it for basic browsing of the web, and to say it's a bit pants would be a bit of an understatement IMO.

Opera's rubbish as well though.

What a pearl of wisdom from the man who enthused about I.E's recently aquired tabbed browsing capabilty, totally unaware that Opera was the first browser to have tabbed browsing as a standard feature years and years ago!:hihi:

Opera can be called many things....but "rubbish" is certainly not one of them!

Browsing via a games consule is hardly a fair comparison!

Rich, I think we safely disregard your statement.... it hold's no water whatsoever!

Opera has the best security record of any of the main browsers and is noticably faster than I.E.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Rich!;)

Firefox is slow and bloated.

FF3 is considerably faster than FF2 and now very close to Opera in terms of overall performance. It also has a lower memory footprint than Opera, so neither of these statements is true any more.

If it's speed you guys are after, then Opera is generally faster than both IE or Firefox.;)

Thanks Kingmaker2, but not overally concerned about speed per se.

IE7 simply works for me, while I use FF3 when I'm doing my web development as it has some useful extensions. It's probably those that are slowing mine down, but it's enough that if I just want a browser open I'll go for IE7 as it's quicker on my system.

I tried Opera once, admittedly some years ago. Didn't get on with it I'm afraid.

If I had more spare time I'd consider trying other browsers, but I don't.