Heinz pull 'offensive' advert

Chopsie

How can people catergorically say the ad is not offensive,obviously to some it is,not everybody believes that two blokes kissing and calling a man mum is the natural order of things in fact you will probably find that the majority of people in this country do not believe that.To be honest the actual kissing I personally do not find offensive in any way,its the actual portrayal of homosexuality being shown as a natural act that offends me.more power to the people that have actually objected to this portrayal it seems that common decency and morallity is getting brushed under the carpet in this country and its about time we stopped pandering to people that are little more than sexual deviants.What they do in their own enviroment is their business but why should the majority of people have deviancy thrust into the public domain

How can people catergorically say the ad is not offensive,obviously to some it is,not everybody believes that two blokes kissing and calling a man mum is the natural order of things in fact you will probably find that the majority of people in this country do not believe that.To be honest the actual kissing I personally do not find offensive in any way,its the actual portrayal of homosexuality being shown as a natural act that offends me.more power to the people that have actually objected to this portrayal it seems that common decency and morallity is getting brushed under the carpet in this country and its about time we stopped pandering to people that are little more than sexual deviants.What they do in their own enviroment is their business but why should the majority of people have deviancy thrust into the public domain

It's just a mayo advert, it's not trying to "portray" anything, it's supposed to be funny, the kids calling the guy "mum" is the joke, why would they call a bloke "mum" ?

I don't see how anyone is pandering to anyone else TBH by making a funny mayo advert.

It's often hard to tell what Stonewall are offended by, they seem to exist in a constant state of offendedness at something.

TBH it never occured to me that the New York guy was the blokes wife, I just thought they were saying that having the mayo is like having a New York Deli chef in your kitchen, like buying Amoy soy sauce it like having a Chinese chef in your kitchen.

I never realised it was more complicated than that.

I agree. this advert is nothing whatsoever to do with being gay it's portraying mum as though she is the man from the deli providing food from Heinz that's as good as the deli and so the dad gives him a kiss as he would to mum for providing nice food.

What gay family with 2 men would have the kids calling one of them mum when they obviously must have a proper mum somewhere and a man is never a mum in any scenario. It's just a comedy sketch and Heinz must be laughing their socks off as losing the few indignant idiotic complainants business will be more then balanced out with this free publicity. I'm going to try some.

Having looked at the 10 ads in the link I can't beleive people are so shocked by such trivial things.

One commented that they worried kids would think arguing is part of normal life...well, yes? people do often disagree about things, but SHUSH don't tell the children!

I really worry about the mental state the next generation are going to be in, if they can't see the side of a naked man incase they see he's NAKED and got a body!

Meh, Guardian readers are almost as bad as Daily Mail readers for overreacting to "sensitive" news stories.
It's not Guardian readers who have complained it is the general public. The Guardian is reporting the story, which incidentally, has also been reported in other newspapers.