Heinz pull 'offensive' advert

The advert is shown on the link in the OP on the guardians website :) and I didn't find it offensive at all.

Lets face some people have nothing better to do :)

The advert is shown on the link in the OP on the guardians website :) and I didn't find it offensive at all.

You obviously didn't look hard enough, or try to imagine what might have happened when the guy got home, it might have progressed from kissing to, erm, cuddling, and then what ? Imagine seeing that in an advert !

To be offended by nothing realy takes a lot of time and effort, it doesn't just happen.

so suppose you watch it with your kids and they ask "mum why are those two men kissing"?

so suppose you watch it with your kids and they ask "mum why are those two men kissing"?

It's not like they are going at it with tongues and everything is it, it's just a peck like a dad would give his son etc. ?

To answer your question you could say either "becasue they love each other" or "becasue they are dirty godless perverts", of course it's your choice how you want to develop their minds.

It would be The Guardian making an issue of it - wouldn't it?

It would be The Guardian making an issue of it - wouldn't it?

It's not just the Guardian, Nodens - Jeremy Vine's about to start talking about it on Radio 2.

ETA: Not a particularly edifying discussion. But three listeners expressing disappointment and anger at Heinz for pulling it, versus one against who didn't like to see 'this sort of thing' on television. Oh no - it's still going on - more homophobic ones coming. Maybe to make it balanced?

If it is a publicity stunt, it may have backfired - one listener was going to boycott all Heinz products for bowing to homophobic pressure.

I haven't seen or was aware of this advert as I don't watch much TV.

I would guess that 200 Heinz employees were asked to complain so Heinz would get loads of free publicity.

Or simply, "Hes just pretending to be mummy!"

I thought that advert was really funny, there was no harm in it at all. "straight home from work sweetcheeks!"

It wasn't the two men kissing, it was the climax where one squirts mayonnaise in the other's face that was ruled offensive.

Which reminds me of..... this one

Or simply, "Hes just pretending to be mummy!"

I thought that advert was really funny, there was no harm in it at all. "straight home from work sweetcheeks!"

I'm guessing those who complained would probably go for the 'godless perverts' option as opposed to the correct one though.

Maybe I'm suggestible, but this discussion is giving me one hell of a craving for mayonnaise...

Maybe I'm suggestible, but this discussion is giving me one hell of a craving for mayonnaise...
I never saw the advert, but now I have, I really want to try some of that 'New York Deli' flavoured mayo... it really helps sales if you get your adverts banned, doesn't it?!

Which reminds me of..... this one
:hihi::hihi:Now that I've seen that advert in a new light I think I need to write a complaint letter... where's that address??...