Broomhall - opinions?

no ecclesall road runs from the city centre to ecclesall and is a very long road taking in different areas, it gets better the further you move away from the city centre, the area you are looking at is right at the bottom.

you could have similar problems to broomhall where ever you live. If its a student house it is not on the actual estate part that i would be wary of walking around after dark. But other parts are accessible from eccy rd. I have had students work for me and live there with no problems. It is a very mixed economic area from council houses to 850k detached homes!

Its not as bad as they make out - I walk to work thru it a lot of mornings 9ish and its always quiet ...

Would you walk through at 9pm?

I've walked through day and night and have always run into trouble however none of the times did anything serious occur but there are constantly people rounf there looking for trouble is my point. However if you're a girl you might not have the same sort of run ins blokes do - I know there's a lass on here that lives in broomhall and has no trouble.

well didnt ecclesall road used to run straight to the bottom of the moor before the rd expansion? Anyways i'm nit picking!

To be honest the advice about checking it out at diffrent times of day is the best bet although in MY own personal opinion i would read the post elsewhere about the problems in that area with groups of somalian (spelling?) boys/men.

you could have similar problems to broomhall where ever you live. If its a student house it is not on the actual estate part that i would be wary of walking around after dark. But other parts are accessible from eccy rd. I have had students work for me and live there with no problems. It is a very mixed economic area from council houses to 850k detached homes!

..worry ye not liver-bird, the positive features of Broomhall far outweigh the negative ones. It's fantastic in my opinion, leafy Victorian mainly and very close to town and amenties.The above post is spot on..you would have similar problems (and benefits) of living in a studenty area anywhere.

Has the prostitution problem been moved elsewhere now and replaced with gang warfare? I used to live in the little Lodge on Broomhall Road in the 80s and there were hot and cold running tarts on every corner then. You couldn't walk down to the shops even at lunchtime without kerb crawling perves asking you if you were doing 'business'. It ruined a lovely neighbourhood. sadly.

Having said that, the Victorian houses on Broomhall Park as it was known are stunning with large gardens and you can walk home from a night out in the centre, if you're in a largish group.