Broomhall - opinions?

Has the prostitution problem been moved elsewhere now and replaced with gang warfare? I used to live in the little Lodge on Broomhall Road in the 80s and there were hot and cold running tarts on every corner then. You couldn't walk down to the shops even at lunchtime without kerb crawling perves asking you if you were doing 'business'. It ruined a lovely neighbourhood. sadly.

..the prostitution problem has disappeared since the introduction of the traffic management system which has effectively curtailed kerb crawling. It's also thanks to the police who've managed the problem sensitively and with discretion.

Liver-bird fear not, i rented a lovely place on wilkons street which is the top side of broomhall, it was brilliant, i was only 22 at the time and this was a couple of years ago, the neighbour were fantastic and as you'll learn it is a fairly student area, i only left broomhall to rent my ow place in broomhill just so i could be nearer my friends.

You'll have man student houses around you so dont worry about it, sign the contract and get yourself to one of the pubs for a dink!

Haha dont worry about it, its leafy its got great access to the cenre and eccelsall road (not my choice but each to their own) and as i keep saying the neigbours are fantastic. Any problems you come see your old man retro! haha

Me and my typo's and my job working in the ISP industry doest help me much!! (sarcasm!)

Lived there for 2 years when I was a student. It seemed ok then, though there was some characters about. I would avoid both the underpass (near waitrose and crossing the dual carriageway) at night though. In the day and night I felt safe enough to walk on my own. Though I always had the feeling of being watched when I walked through the centre of the flats :suspect:

The bloke who used to (still may) run the spar behind the flats was great, he had his fair share of problem customers and his sense of humour dealing them was great (a big stick and air freshner for the smelly ones)

Oddest moment living there was when the student flat next to us was broken into, nothing was missing, infact they gained a 'present' left on their sofa.:gag: