How Long Do You Need Priority Before Being Offered A 3 Bed Property?

Come on the lets here the verdict :rolleyes:

maisonettee on gleadless valley or two bedroom flat lowedges just a guess based on experience.

forgot may even be woodhouse various locations

maisonettee on gleadless valley or two bedroom flat lowedges just a guess based on experience.

well thanks for that mystic rick & gleadless vally is one of my preferred areas anyway maybe a 3 bed maisonette tho

:D

well thanks for that mystic rick & gleadless vally is one of my preferred areas anyway maybe a 3 bed maisonette tho

:D

no need for sarcasm and I am not mystic rick, and you never mentioned gleadless valley in your preferences.

probably a bit of luck SCC never ever give anybody the preferred areas anyway.

no need for sarcasm and I am not mystic rick, and you never mentioned gleadless valley in your preferences.

probably a bit of luck SCC never ever give anybody the preferred areas anyway.

well read my first post then birley, arbourthone oh & GLEADLESS VALLEY

Im in a 2 bed house and have 2 boys one who is 7 end of yr and the other is 3, Im pregnant with a baby who ive been told is a girl.Sanctuary have told me that they will not put me under priority for a 3 until my eldest is 10. And then i could be waiting 18 months on top.

Thats why we have been trying to find our own exchange into a bigger property. My personal feelings are that whether anyone is entiled to a 3 bed house in 3 yrs, 7 yrs..depending on your childs ages.-Its still hard with lack of space for clothes, towels,bedding to live in a 2 .

Its not that all 2 bed houses have both good size bedrooms-Ive got friends who are in a box room with a double bed ( no wardbrobe space at all) while their children share the biggest bedroom who then have to have mums n dads clothes in there,

Not exactly happy living space even if Santuary say you can live like that for next god knows how many yrs to come.

Where children are concerned, opposite sex children are not entitled to their own rooms until the eldest turns ten years old. When you receive priority, unless there is a very good reason, eg. medical reason, and it is proven, you cannot pick your own areas. You can bid on any property and put your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices of course but they bid for you also. If you are eligible for a 3 bed they will bid on your behalf for every 3 bed up that week regardless of area or type of property again unless there is a valid and proven reason why a property wouldn't be suitable. You get once chance at a property and if you turn it down without a valid, proven reason, your priority is withdrawn.

You get once chance at a property and if you turn it down without a valid, proven reason, your priority is withdrawn.

I said a similar thing right at the start of this thread....... a priority that can be choosey.:huh:

I said a similar thing right at the start of this thread....... a priority that can be choosey.:huh:

I have tried to give her the facts re priority housing but she is being stubbornly not in agreement and think the SCC tells her the truth with so called false hopes. I hope we get to know the final outcome but I am 65 might not live long enough to find out

When I was on priority in Jan through to April, the rule was 'one offer or out'. I bidded on almost 100 properties and it took 3 1/2 months to get something; a flat. Did I care it wasn't a house? Did I care it was at Manor? Did I hell, I could have kissed the fierce Homefinder lady and streaked down the street in happiness, as I had been living in people's caravans and front rooms for four months.

Bid on every house you see on offer and you'll get something in.. about five months probably. Limit yourself in any way, and it'll take even longer.

If you are desperate then you won't care what you get. Kids can be enrolled into a different school and family will still come and see you if you live an extra five bus stops away.

She will be lucky to get those. I suggest she will be offered a 2 bed flat in either Parson Cross or Shiregreen.

As it is, due to the selfish amongst us who see it as their right to get everything handed to them, even though the situation is of their own making, there is a housing crisis in Sheffield.

In other words: KEEP YOUR LEGS TOGETHER AND YOU WON'T BE OVERCROWDED!

Well what should happen (in your opinion) and what does happen in reality do, as you know, differ hugely. One thing's for sure, the system doesn't appear to be working.

I presume that last comment is not meant for me - as I don't have any offspring! :P

Well what should happen (in your opinion) and what does happen in reality do, as you know, differ hugely. One thing's for sure, the system doesn't appear to be working.

I presume that last comment is not meant for me - as I don't have any offspring! :P

I know they differ, that was the point I was making.

It's not the system that's the problem, it's people trying to abuse it that is.

And no, my dear, the last bit wasn't for you. :)