How Long Do You Need Priority Before Being Offered A 3 Bed Property?

Hi i've been priority for 12weeks now, i'm entitled to a 3bed property as i have 2 children (boy & girl). I've picked my preferred areas to be birley, arbourthorne & gleadless valley, hoping for birley as my eldest child starts primary school in sept & has been accepted into birley primary. Just asked for advice & expierience on this subject?? :confused::confused::):)

It all depends on what houses your bidding on and who else is bidding on them, you may be up against bidders who have been priority (or higher priority) for a longer time than you have.

how longs a piece of string?

(Ive had clients wait for over a year on priority)

(Ive had clients wait for over a year on priority)

If someone can wait for a year how can that be viewed as a priority case, :huh:when my mother was on a priority list for a bungalow she was told if she turned the third one down she went to the bottom of the list.

If someone can wait for a year how can that be viewed as a priority case, :huh:when my mother was on a priority list for a bungalow she was told if she turned the third one down she went to the bottom of the list.

because they were living in a refuge fleeing domestic violence .... and the system has changed now, you bid each week on suitable properties, they dont just offer them out (presuming sheffield works the same way as other local authorities)

Is living in a refuge preferable to some of the properties that surely must have become available to someone on a priority list ?

My mother was on a priority list for health reasons and my sister in-law was on a priority list due to her husband being attacked twice and their house / car being vandalised etc, both were only to happy to take something / anything, I couldn’t imagine either waiting a year.

Pinklady is right, its impossible to say how long, it will depend on how many 3 bedroomed properties become vacant, and how many people who need one have had priority longer than you.

If you insist on bidding only on houses and are limiting your bids to specific areas, its likely a bid may be made on your behalf for something suitable to your needs. Perhaps it won't be what you 'want' but if you refuse it you may lose your priority.

I had priority for about 20-23 weeks before being offered something.

Yeah it all depends on the number of properties available and how many people bid on them and what their priority case is?

When we got offered the house were in now, it wasn't actually a property we'd bidded on ourselfs, it was done on our behalf.

Hi i've been priority for 12weeks now, i'm entitled to a 3bed property as i have 2 children (boy & girl). I've picked my preferred areas to be birley, arbourthorne & gleadless valley, hoping for birley as my eldest child starts primary school in sept & has been accepted into birley primary. Just asked for advice & expierience on this subject?? :confused::confused::):)

How old are the kids? I was under the impression that they are expected to share until they reach a reasonable age.

How old are the kids? I was under the impression that they are expected to share until they reach a reasonable age.

they're 4 & 1

they're 4 & 1

How comes you have priority then, I thought kids could share up to being 9ish?

How comes you have priority then, I thought kids could share up to being 9ish?

our private rented house was sold so staying with my parents above their pub. it's obviously not suitable so i'm priority under the homeless act & have been for the last 12 weeks

our private rented house was sold so staying with my parents above their pub. it's obviously not suitable so i'm priority under the homeless act & have been for the last 12 weeks

How can someone living with their parents be classed as homeless, can I class my two sons as homeless and put them on a priority list for a flat each.

:huh: