How Long Do You Need Priority Before Being Offered A 3 Bed Property?

Fine, but the rules about young children sharing must have changed since I last worked in a housing job. I only wanted to point out what the reality is regarding council housing. There basically isn't enough for all the people who get priority, and even less chance if you don't. And even if you do, the choice will be extremely limited as many of the best properties have been sold.

Why did you not want to have more choice of area and property type and move into another private rented property? It seems a reasonable option when thats what you were in previously.

I've asked this question of other people who presented as homeless after losing their private rented home, and basically was told its because they know that by getting priority its the best chance of getting a council house. The disappointment usually sets in when they realise that its unlikely to a) be a house, b) situated anywhere they really want to live, and c) the Right to Buy looks much less appealing than when they thought it would be a nice house in a nice area.

You may think that's quite cynical, but I've dealt with hundreds of applications in different housing organisations.

BECAUSE OF WHATS HAPPENED WITH THE HOUSE I WAS IN BEING SOLD I WANT TO BE MORE SECURE. I CANT KEEP MOVING MY SON OUT OF A SCHOOL EVERYTIME MY LANDLORD WANTS TO SELL.

BECAUSE OF WHATS HAPPENED WITH THE HOUSE I WAS IN BEING SOLD I WANT TO BE MORE SECURE. I CANT KEEP MOVING MY SON OUT OF A SCHOOL EVERYTIME MY LANDLORD WANTS TO SELL.

Fair enough - I agree security of tenure is important especially where children are involved, and I know many private landlords won't offer long term lets. Thank you for answering. I hope things work out for you, just please be realistic about what is actually available.

Please don't shout though (writing all in capitals).

Fair enough - I agree security of tenure is important especially where children are involved, and I know many private landlords won't offer long term lets. Thank you for answering. I hope things work out for you, just please be realistic about what is actually available.

Please don't shout though (writing all in capitals).

i've just spoken to SCC & i've asked if i should be bidding on 2beds & was told in their words "you won't even be looked at for a 2bed property as you have a boy & a girl regardless of their ages, & will only have to be rehoused later for a 3 bed"

So infuture correct info i would be very grateful for.

Thanks

i have a family member who has had priority for over 9 months now and hasn't been offered anything!

I'm very sorry for the things that are being said to you, obviously they have nothing better to do. :)

The facts of life are sometimes hard for some people to swallow. If they cant hack it then they shouldnt air their lifes on the internet.

i've just spoken to SCC & i've asked if i should be bidding on 2beds & was told in their words "you won't even be looked at for a 2bed property as you have a boy & a girl regardless of their ages, & will only have to be rehoused later for a 3 bed"

So infuture correct info i would be very grateful for.

Thanks

your have a priority I agree but your circumstances are now not in the future when your children have grown up. I CANNOT BELEIVE the scc have stated

you wont be considered for a two bedroom

you are prority and as such you will be required to take the first available house that comes available for your needs. and at this moment in time a two bedroom will suffice, a three bedroom will not be allocated if a two bedroom is legally sufficent.

I GET the impression that you seem to think you will get a choice of houses and areas. well it does not work like that you will be offered a house/flat /maisonette somwhere in sheffield and that will be the end of it you will either have to take it or go back to the bottom of the list.

please get into the real world and accept that you will have to take what they give you and at this moment in time a three bedroom is in cloud cuckoo land. unless they have one that as been rejected so many times. they actually use it to remove people from the priority list because it is so bad.

yes they do have such houses remember you only get one offer after that nothing

your have a priority I agree but your circumstances are now not in the future when your children have grown up. I CANNOT BELEIVE the scc have stated

you wont be considered for a two bedroom

you are prority and as such you will be required to take the first available house that comes available for your needs. and at this moment in time a two bedroom will suffice, a three bedroom will not be allocated if a two bedroom is legally sufficent.

I GET the impression that you seem to think you will get a choice of houses and areas. well it does not work like that you will be offered a house/flat /maisonette somwhere in sheffield and that will be the end of it you will either have to take it or go back to the bottom of the list.

please get into the real world and accept that you will have to take what they give you and at this moment in time a three bedroom is in cloud cuckoo land. unless they have one that as been rejected so many times. they actually use it to remove people from the priority list because it is so bad.

yes they do have such houses remember you only get one offer after that nothing

Like i said i spoke to SCC yesterday, told them what had been said on the forum & they told me my priority is for a 3bed property & not to bid on 2beds as its a waste of time because i won't be awarded one as i have children who are opposite sex what ever their ages!

I am in the real world thanks, the info i have came from the people who actually work for SCC.

Also i was told i won't be relocated at the other side of town to my 3 preferences due to the fact i need to be near my parents.

:rant::rant:

Like i said i spoke to SCC yesterday, told them what had been said on the forum & they told me my priority is for a 3bed property & not to bid on 2beds as its a waste of time because i won't be awarded one as i have children who are opposite sex what ever their ages!

I am in the real world thanks, the info i have came from the people who actually work for SCC.

Also i was told i won't be relocated at the other side of town to my 3 preferences due to the fact i need to be near my parents.

I await the outcome. And I will give you a 10000/1 bet I am going to be right

I could even predict the area you will be offered and the type of property if you want me to. years and years of experience of the system and actually know how the system works for real. and never believe anything the scc tell you. been there done it bought the t-shirt.

In which case why are you asking for advise on here? It seems that you will very shortly be offered a nice 3 bed house in the area of your choice then all will be good in the world!

In which case why are you asking for advise on here? It seems that you will very shortly be offered a nice 3 bed house in the area of your choice then all will be good in the world!

and the forum will go mad with WITH PEOPLE who have been on the housing list ten or more year asking why?

i came on asking for advise & experience of people who have been in my situation.

All i said was the council said not to bid on 2beds.

some of you just think you're right all the time

I await the outcome. And I will give you a 10000/1 bet I am going to be right

I could even predict the area you will be offered and the type of property if you want me to. years and years of experience of the system and actually know how the system works for real. and never believe anything the scc tell you. been there done it bought the t-shirt.

Come on the lets here the verdict :rolleyes: