Owls v Norwich City

Not only that, but finished above the Dingles. Ha ha! :D

I might like to see Barnsley do well but it doesn't automatically make me a Barnsley supporter. You Owls make Derby look like Manchester United. Still, it shows how desperate you are and exposes the low expectations around Hillsborough when finishing above Barnsley is deemed worthy of celebration. Wednesday a big club? Don't make me laugh.

Never again, says Laws

Date: 05 May 2008

By Paul Thompson sheff star.

BRIAN Laws is vowing "never again" after the Owls' put a stressful season behind them and sealed Championship safety with their 4-1 victory over Norwich.

The Wednesday manager, who believes that the club can be a force in 2008-09 with a cleaner bill of health, said that lessons will be learned and this could be a turning point in Hillsborough fortunes.

"We're going to learn a lot from this year. We've had to put up with a lot, on the field and off it, you name it, it's been thrown at us and we've had hurdle after hurdle to climb and we've got over every one.

"We've come out the other end. We've got a good squad of players here, if everybody's fit, and if we can add one or two to bolster that I believe we will have a much, much better year next year.

"I'm not patting myself on the back; if Mourinho had been here, I don't think he could have done any better.

"Everybody stayed calm. We could have thrown in the towel weeks ago, but we didn't. The supporters have been magnificent. They have had a lot of terrible years; we didn't want to give them another one.

"This could be the kick start we need, of we can be resolute again all year.

"I'm mentally shattered. I can't wait to get on a plane and go on holiday for a break. It's been a frustrating year. Mentally, and physically, it's been the same for the players.

"We've got the foundation to work from. W've got youth in the team, and we know we can get goals when everybody is fit."

Against the background of a possible takeover, Laws added: "That's for the powers that be. We'll analyse what we've done. There are mistakes that have been made. We must rectify them. It's all about finance, in the end. That will decide how we go about things next season."

Club captain Lee Bullen was given a rousing sending-off by fans - he is to be released this summer - and was given a guard of honour by players and staff - as he left the field following the team's lap of honour.

"The reception was phenomenal. I had a lump in my throat, a tear in my eye," he said.

I might like to see Barnsley do well but it doesn't automatically make me a Barnsley supporter. You Owls make Derby look like Manchester United. Still, it shows how desperate you are and exposes the low expectations around Hillsborough when finishing above Barnsley is deemed worthy of celebration. Wednesday a big club? Don't make me laugh.

So does that mean if we were to play Manchester United we could expect to take them to penalties too?

I hope not...

Really?

I'd give him time, but if by Christmas/New Year next season we're in the same position it's bye bye Brian.

Nice bloke, but some of his tactics/decisions this year have been slightly :loopy: