C.B. Radio in Sheffield

can anyone remember STAR GIRL

or SILVER BLADE from the 80s

can anyone remember STAR GIRL

or SILVER BLADE from the 80s

Silver blade rings a bell. was he from the early 80s?

i went to the cb club also at burnaby street club

so did i :)

i went to the cb club also at burnaby street club

Same here that was about 1983 I used to go. A.B.C at Hillfoot wmc and cross side breakers at George IV in the early 80s.

i remember troy who changed his handle to creme egg. he had a habit of saying yeah yeah quite a lot. people latched on to this and eventually everytime someone spoke to troy they used to say yeah yeah creme egg. it became a catchphrase at the time.

i also remember a nice girl from shiregreen called tania who was a fairly big lass but was very good fun. she may well be knocking about on the rig because she was an old hand at it.

Back in my youth i was a CB'er... I loved it...

I got in with a crowd back in Gosport... we used to have a lot of fun... Playing tricks on people along with playing mouse trap/cat& mouse? (cant think lol :? ) was great fun anyway...

The best time we had was when we parked my friends car right at the edge (where people walked past) in quite a full car park... His car was fitted with PA system... We would all sit in another friends car whilst using the CB/PA system to talk to people walking past... we called it the 'Talking Mini' we would say "excuse me... yes you! can you tell me are my wheels clean!" "do you like my colour" should have seen some of the people's faces... we had a right laugh doing it... Very daft :hihi: but hey we were kids! :wink: well ahem! thats my excuse...

My brother used to sit in his car for ages on his CB and it was snowing like mad one day ! I expected to find a frozen iceberg sat there

Could you tell me please, where in Sheffield can I buy a new CB Radio?

Could you tell me please, where in Sheffield can I buy a new CB Radio?

maplin or bardwells maybe .

Years ago when I first came to Sheffield I had a C.B. in my car.

There was always a bloke on in the mornings called Eddie (Fisherman), who gave waggon drivers directions arround the city.

I once asked for directions myself and was amazed at the detail he gave, even down to the heights of the bridge's I was passing under.

There was also a lady living somewhere near Chapeltown who used to be on at tea time to talk to the truckers on the M1.

Are they still on? and does anyone else remember them or did I just dream it all?

EDIT* My handle was "The Magic Ball", what was yours?

yes I can remember fisherman Eddie, he was from the manor or wyburn i think, and yes he was a very friendly chap, don't think he's on any more as I haven't heard him for a while , my handle was desert rat back then but not many people use handles now days, probably because its not that busy any more not really sure.