C.B. Radio in Sheffield

You know since reading this thread last night, and whilst I know CB as we know is dead, that there has been some sort of mini revival.

The world and the climate is changing, we can eassily lose our power or contact through mobile coms, The Sun's waves will peak in 2011 and does affect the commincation waves in ways I don't understand. But there is evidence of a need for CB. Take Nebraska for example who suffer some damaging storms. When the standard comms are out they refer to the trusty CB.

I use my internet all the time, but if I knew others would do so, I'd invest in a CB rig, get it set up, and listen in for truckers and old friends who popped by and wanted a chat.

Maybe the CB could just be another mobile phone for the car, or the machine switched on in the corner of the room with the volume low - grooups can agree set times to get together, maybe have some planned themed discussions of the stuff that's happening in the world. To think of the enjoyment of talking and browsing at the same time, I imagine there'd be some pretty neat discusisons going on.

But how do we deal with the idiots, setting the example, learning who they are and using the authorities to deal with such idiots.

Perhaps I am aiming too high with daft idea...! What do you think?

i was on cb,from 1984to late ninetys,handle was transcom,dave.does any one remember.

Did you live on Winn Gardens by any chance

I was on the CB around 10 or so years ago my handle was Little Angel, my older brother was bean shoot, little brother was little rascal, mum was rosy lips , by dad was trebor n also the beast, my nan was busy bee grandad was shaft and my uncle was doc martin dont know if anyone remembers any of us? the only handle i can clearly remember was a bloke called whip it in whoop it out n wipe it i think thats correct. there are others that ring a bell tho.

i was on for a few years, lived not far from eddy fisherman used to nip round for a drink sometimes my handle was zeus from wybourn/skyedge used to drive about with street fighter

eddie fisherman passed away last year im afraid.the lady in question who used to talk to truckers was sweet talker or maybe her mate lady L.could i be nosey and ask your handle who went to greenfields breakers?as i also went there.

w0w nice to see you posting my friend :)

i am looking 4 kaz white witch she know yogibear

Im here. Yogibear rings a bell, Ive slept since my cb days :) was that you who has sent me a request to join my network on msn?

hi janine remember me joanne ladybird from years ago

is this joanne from,littledale,who has a sister called lisa

hi,did you ever live in darnall back in the days,and have a sister called lisa

i used to go to the white swan,with my friends ,sam,nigel lemmy,junior,fagey,the white swan is not there anymore,i also used to go the cb club in darnall,i think it was near staniforth road,i can remeber havin a big brawl there,windows got smashed,tables got thrown all over the place,so they closed it down for a while but it reopened,i WAS KNOWN AS MC FROM BRIGHTSIDE.

kan u lot remember

super smurf ?

pussy cat (tracey)

danger mouse

lady killer

was danger mouse-mick,he now lives in worksop