C.B. Radio in Sheffield

yes I can remember fisherman Eddie, he was from the manor or wyburn i think, and yes he was a very friendly chap, don't think he's on any more as I haven't heard him for a while , my handle was desert rat back then but not many people use handles now days, probably because its not that busy any more not really sure.

eddie died a while back now, he was on the top end of wybourn. i only lived over the back from him and used to nip round for a drink sometimes. i got another rig not long back but its not the same as it used to be

eddie died a while back now, he was on the top end of wybourn. i only lived over the back from him and used to nip round for a drink sometimes. i got another rig not long back but its not the same as it used to be

very sorry to hear that he was a joy to talk to, the good guys never get forgot, we shall keep in in memory , thanks for the update all the same:(

i was blue jeans...and i lived in hillsboro..:)..

i was blue jeans...and i lived in hillsboro..:)..

That rings a bell.....

Could you tell me please, where in Sheffield can I buy a new CB Radio?

theres a shop in a lorry trailer that sells new 40 & 80 channel cb,s at the stockyard pub at ellaby rotherham just of m18 jct 2, http://www.thestockyard.co.uk/ ;)

huggy bear parson cross still have a few rigs and i go on air some times u may no me as melvin ok 10.10 4 now

Does anyone remember IXL on Langsett Road,

I think they were one of the 1st places you could buy imported CB gear from.

You must be an old bugger, that shop belonged to concrete fred and you are talking early 70s long before CB was legal!!

You must be an old bugger, that shop belonged to concrete fred and you are talking early 70s long before CB was legal!!

Surely this is wrong?Steel city custom trucks bottom of Halifax rd run by Tony was the first by a long stroke?Even Moonshine Lane petrol station sold rigs before IXL's which to my knowledge was run by Alan?

Even Bardwells on London Rd sold them way before IXL's....

The first ones I know of which came through were sold from back of a truck at Woodhall service station,all same price.Pot luck what you got...

Surely this is wrong?Steel city custom trucks bottom of Halifax rd run by Tony was the first by a long stroke?Even Moonshine Lane petrol station sold rigs before IXL's which to my knowledge was run by Alan?

Surely this is not wrong, I am talking EARLY 70,s where the shop was an electronic gismo shop but everyone in the CB world knew where to buy their radios, and this is a looooooooooooong time before bardwells got involved because at the time it was illegal to sell CB radio.

Late 70's when I went on air with a commtron viii,around '78 and other end of town but Tony used to sell the AM rigs through the shop even though illegal at the time...

Must have been really quiet early 70's cos the boom didn't really take on until 2-3 years before the idiot government of the time saw a way of making money by setting up a totally different frequency and a whole new set of idiots to use it!(Not all fm breakers were idiots I hasten to add) ;)