I feel down :-(

Had lots of changes of late, some good some bad. And 2 family bereavements within weeks of each other. What would you do to keep yourself cheered?

sorry to hear your feeling down,hope things will start to change soon for the better,keep positive:)

I'm in a similar boat mate, so I'm gonna treat us to some Premium Bonds this weekend & look forward to dropping the big one & never having to work or want again

(works for me anyway) :)

Sorry to hear this. Have you got people that you can talk to? I always find that helps. don't keep things bottled up x

Just take it a day at a time, allow yourself time to grieve, things will get better x

Sorry to hear that your not feeling great and that things have been so bad for you lately.

Eat properly, exercise and get as much sleep as you need, you will still need to grieve and will feel sad but your body will cope better and you will feel better sooner :)

Hope things start to look up for you Scruff, I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who would have a chat with you via a private message if there's anything you want to talk about.

I wouldn't try to keep cheerful at all. Grieving and being upset are perfectly normal and not necessarily a sign of something that it either unhealthy or in need of change.

Take time to adjust to the changes in your life, and work out coping strategies to deal with the changes that are happening. One day, once you have worked out coping strategies, the changes won't seem to be quite so big or quite so threatening.

I hope things look up for you soon.

Had lots of changes of late, some good some bad. And 2 family bereavements within weeks of each other. What would you do to keep yourself cheered?

Keep your chin up Scruff.... bereavements are the worst kind of changes you can go through and they take time to come to terms with and even though it may be of no consolation now.... in time it gets easier and you are left with the wonderful memories of the people you were around and the pain does subside.... time is a great healer and its only natural how you are feeling.... it gets better.

Good and bad happens to us all at one time or another.... sometimes you may feel like being alone and contemplating, that's fine but never see yourself feeling that way more than you want to be around others.... make sure you spend time around people that mean something to you and you can talk to.... a night out every now and then won't go amiss either. A laugh cheers the soul.

I'm pretty sure that things will improve.... you just need a bit of time and if it ever did get too much for you then there's no shame in crying on someones shoulder.... that is the human thing to do.

Best wishes.

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. I have been in that position myself. Take it one day at a time. Cry if you want to cry, talk if you want to talk. There's no right or wrongs when it comes to grief. Hope things start to feel better soon.

Have to agree with Medusa. Don't try to "cheer up" or "move on". If you are grieving then let it out, its cathartic, much better than pretending nothing is wrong. You are allowed to feel bad and miserable, don't listen to those who may tell you to pull yourself together.

Personally I'd go for a week in Scotland on my own, but thats just me, each to their own.

Good luck

Have to agree with Medusa. Don't try to "cheer up" or "move on". If you are grieving then let it out, its cathartic, much better than pretending nothing is wrong. You are allowed to feel bad and miserable, don't listen to those who may tell you to pull yourself together.

Personally I'd go for a week in Scotland on my own, but thats just me, each to their own.

Good luck

And I have to agree with Medusa and taxman. Unhappiness is a perfectly normal state of mind in some circumstances.

As someone else has said, take it one day at a time, and accept some days will be better than others. If you want to cheer yourself up, watch a favourite funny film or TV programme, or read a funny book. And don't feel guilty about it.

Grieving can be a strange process - it doesn't work like a straight line, with things gradually getting better and carrying on getting better. It's more like a roller coaster, where you can be up one minute and down the next. There's no set timescale and no set pattern of behaviour - everybody is different and deals with it in their different ways.

Oh, and talking about how you're feeling can be a great help - either to friends and family or to relative strangers online, via help groups, etc. Sometimes it can be the daftest little thing that can bother you, and it helps to know that there are other daft buggers out there who feel the same.