Beautiful House Being Trashed

ukdavvy

Hi

I got something through the door about a lovely looking 100 year old house being demolished in Fulwood so someone can build flats instead - presumably money talks :(

Its a real shame we have to destroy our history and heritage like this. The place looked lived in and in good nick.

Did anyone else get the leaflet?

It looks like a home made job to drum up support.

Also where is the house?

It didnt say.

The house did look amazing, Id like to look at it before the bulldozers do.

d

It's a beautiful Arts and Crafts house, built in 1914 and originally called Carsick Hill Court. Pevsner's Architectural Guide to Sheffield says "(it) combines half timbering and tiling with a most elaborate stone porch and a three story tower"

I am not against progress and modern buildings, but we must not let all of our beautiful old buildings to be demolished for tasteless apartments.

Anyone who wants to object should write to the planning department - if you live in the area, copy it to the local councillors.

A letter will be on its way to the planning people. I shall NOT mince my words here....HANDS OFF. This place I remember from the 70's very well as used to pass it on the way home from school. What a gorgeous and totally individual and beautiful piece of SHeffield heritage..........NO MORE SENSELESS DEMOLITION SHEFFIELD COUNCIL.

Why dont you go and fill the 25,000+ pot- holes in the SHeffield roads if you are bored? Dont go entertaining planning applications for the further destruction of great buildings.

If anyone has a pic of this place perhaps a post of it here? My digital camera is currently very poorly.....