Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

I got married last december and had similar problems with city centre reception venues. I ended up finding domino hall, part of the sheffield cathedral. Its a very decent size and reasonably priced. They have an in house wedding planner who is very helpful too, give the cathedral a ring and ask for Nicola.

I have a few photos of it if needs be :)

places like bolsover castle in chesterfield, chatsworth hall these do have some rescrictions due to being grade listed and protected but make a brill wedding venue. a website i used alot when finding venues for me was http://www.yorkshire-wedding.com it helps loads

This is one of the reasons why we got married in a scottish castle, to save 14K.

It only came to around 6k for the castle, food, accomodation for us in the castle and the grounds for 3 nights. All the guests paid for their acomodation on the castle grounds for 3 nights too. In that price was the photographer, dress, kilts, rings, DJ, buffet and a 3 course meal, run of the grounds for 3 days

http://www.blairquhan.com

it was amazing, having everyone there before meant the actual wedding day wasn't wandering around saying "thanks for coming, lovely to see you" so you could enjoy the day more.

options for a closer ceremony:

http://www.oldvicarageatelkesley.co.uk/

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-hardwickhall

http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/CultureAndLeisure/venues/WoolleyHall/default.htm

been to all three of the above for weddings, all lovely

I live in Blyth Nr Worksop, and we go to Hodsock Priory for different events and it's a fantastic all year round location!

Hope this is of help!

Help does anyone know of a venue that will hold 300 - 350 people ideally would like an outseide space/marquee just dont want it to be a faceless functions room any suggestions :-)

Jessica - Charnwood Hotel near Blyth is a beautiful location that has outside marquees for weddings. Marquees make such lovely wedding settings!

HELP.............

up until now it has been Ringwood Hall for us, BUT someone's not happy so we're looking at other options!

any info about Van Dyke's, Royal Victoria (Holiday Inn), or Aston Halls marquee very much appreciated : )

I'm getting married at Van Dyks. Its just recently been done up. The call it the Hotel Van Dyk now which I find quite amusing but they have done a good job. Anne who deals with the weddings is very good. I can't tell you much about prices because they have gone up but they are honouring the old prices for anyone who had booked already. If there is anything in particular you want to know PM me and I'll do my best to answer.

hello

i have worked with van dyk aston hall and royal victoria. You can see my brides at these venues and more on my facebook group if you want to see how they look full of flowers?! (i will pm you the link.) Each venue has its own vibe

All the venues have a brilliant reputation and i am confident none of them will disappoint.

Aston Hall is accesible from M1 and has a more classic yet modern hotel

Royal victoria has benefit of being in the city centre and has an interior which is opulent grand and very wow

van dyk is more in the country smaller friendly service and a good refurb

I would view them all and go on your gut instinct Is your wedding going to be formal, traditional, country, vintage, classic, city chic? The venue can decide that for you

hope that helps

emma

have your tried Bradfield Village Hall quite reasonable, RUtland Hotel is very nice, City Limits is ok but bit expensive just to hire the room and then everything extra on top. If anyone would like a wedding cake please pm me thanks

After looking round a few places (Rutland Hotel, Whitley Hall, Mosborough Hall) we settled with the BEAUCHIEF HOTEL... It's gorgeous, I live local and always drive past but never been in... it's a very reasonable price and they will include everything if you want them too... We're getting married Sept 2010 so got a while to plan things yet!

Congratulations on getting engaged.

Living in Sheffield we're lucky - there are so many beautiful venues in and around the area. It depends what you're looking for and how far you are happy to travel. It also heavily depends on the size of your party.

Being a wedding planner we visit a lot of venues. I would recommend:

1) Whirlow Brook Hall is lovely - they were taken over not that long a go and are having a make over, once that's done it will be really pretty. Also you know yours will be the only wedding on there on the day.

2) Whitely Hall is also lovely - a bit smaller but really rustic and the bedrooms have been decorated beautifully.

3) Ringwood Hall - the gardens are beautiful.

4) Chatsworth House - you can't actually get married in the house but you can hire out the stables. The wedding coordinators there are lovely and you'll get some beautiful photos in the grounds but you need to think creatively when you look around.

I hope this is helpful - if you post some more specific details about your number of guests etc I'd be happy to give you some ore suggestions.

Harrelle also offer a venue sourcing service if you would like more comprehensive advice.

Hiya!

Just wondered if anybody could help me out.

I'm trying (again) to arrange our wedding for next year. Got a idea where we want our reception (Norfolk Arms) but no idea where to get married as I don't fancy the ceremony at the Norfolk arms.

Also, don't fancy the registry office. I thought about the botanical gardens but a few people at work have put me off the place.

Any ideas?

I wanted somewhere pretty but not too expensive, south Sheffield/Derbyshire/Dronfield and like I said JUST the ceremony.

Your ideas would be very welcome :)

I got married at Cubley Hall in Penistone - we had the whole day there, but they do just ceremonies too.

pic:

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/KATIEB_23/?action=view&current=P1015508.jpg

http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/KATIEB_23/?action=view&current=_200a.jpg

For the ceremony it costs £375.

We got married at the underbank chapel by the resident vicar. Then drove around to lomas hall where friends did our catering, Lovely personal wedding too.

Contact me for more info if interested