Wedding venue and reception suggestions - post in here

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, Does anyone know if Ringwood Hall is any good? Been thinking about holding our wedding there in December 2009 as they do a gorgeous christmas package.

Hi Sunnystef,

I looked at Ringwood specifically for the xmas package as it looked beautiful!!

I really want a christamas wedding.

Went to look round and the hotel itself is beautiful, the rooms that they use for the xmas packages are very small though.

Would fit 50 in for the sit down no problem but I thought it would be very cramped for an evening reception.

You do have the option to change rooms and then you pay the xmas package price with extra people at normal rate.

I was considering it until I spoke to someone at a wedding fair who gave me some quite worrying info about the place which totally put me off............

PM me if you want all the details :thumbsup:

Hello all,

We are getting married at Loxely Chapel in September 2010 and have booked our reception at Cubley Hall in Penistone! I would recommend this location to anyone as the grounds and building are lovely, its very resonable and the wedding planner there is wonderful!

Jenna x

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the look of Hassop hall but it is really expensive and they do have some very strict rules.

The main one that was a problem for us was the children element (no more than 6 and we have 3 of our own!!!!) I really don't want to exclude family because they have children, and would be on edge all day for fear of mine ruining something!!!!!

We also liked Bolsover Castle but that was the same, and even had rules about women wearing sensible shoes (no heels) in certain areas.

• 2 months later...

a great place to have a wedding reception is City Limits, which is on the edge of town towards the hillsborough football ground. it's a modern building with a great atmosphere that is provided by their helpful and friendly staff.

iv actually noticed that they're having a wedding fayre this coming sunday the 18th, from 10:30am til 3pm. i went to the last one and it was really good and informative, with lots of different exhibitors, bridal fashion shows and first dance demonstrations.

Hello,

Im looking for somewhere ot hold a party for after we return from out wedding abroad possibly weekend of 12th of September - prefferably the Saturday night.

We live Woodseats side of town so South side or city centre would be best.

Ideally looking for somewhere nice but cheap - if there is such a thing, that provide a buffet or we can bring our own (or get someone in to do it) - for around 120-150 people. A "decently" priced bar would be ideal, and a bit of a disco type thing too ideally. Any ideas?

why not try 'the blue room', lovely restaurant and you can hire it all, or just the private room. great food, and if you can get the set menu then its reasonably priced too!

Any area of Sheffield and we're looking for something like an old hall or something,not a modern pub or anything like that.

There's a place called The Old Rectory, think it's at Handsworth, not sure what it's like, it's in the yellow pages. I got a brochure when I was looking for somewhere.

Also Garrison Hotel at Hillsborough is nice and very reasonably priced. It's a hotel but not modern, it's set in the old hillsborough barracks.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i know its not Sheffield , we live in Aston, and have booked the Elton Hotel in Bramley for our wedding and reception.

The staff have been fantastic- and have booked the whole hotel for us on the day. We only paid £2225 for the civil ceremony and hire of the room, hot and cold buffet (meat and potato pie/lasagne/ various Italian breads/salads/veggie tartlets- no pork pie or vol-au-vents lol !, red carpet, drinks reception with canapes, DJ, toastmaster etc. We are having 40 to the ceremony and 80 in the evening, in my view all the stress has been taken off me as everyone just books in the night before and all the work is done :)

We're getting married on 28/08/09 so we will let you know !

Congratulations to all x

I got married on Saturday and can thoroughly recommend the Niagara Centre. (south Yorks police sports and social club). Prices were very reasonable, staff were great, room(s) are fab and the food was lovely. Of the 330 guests we have spoken to since Saturday, everyone as commented on what a great venue it is!