Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

• 2 weeks later...

We got a G24 parking 'fine' notice in the post this morning. On Saturday we popped into the retail park at about 2:30pm, browsed a few shops, decided to have a late lunch at Pizza Hut, browsed a bit more, bought some stuff, popped over to Centertainment to watch Alice in Wonderland, popped into McDonalds for a coffee, retrieved the car and drove out at around 8:30pm. Total stay was about 6 hours!

I certainly didn't notice any restricted parking signs, although I'll go back and have a look tonight.

Initially we were both quite angry, and felt a bit foolish. Neither of us can remember who was driving that day.

On looking online, I've seen quite a few threads, particularly here, Consumer Action Group an Moneysaving Expert, that recommend just ignoring all the letters from G24.

Problem solved.

It's a travesty that the owners of Meadowhall Retail park let this company issue 'fines' for parking in an almost empty car park after 90% of the shops have closed.

The Centertainment car park is nearly always full, so it'd be best if some sort of arrangement was made between Centertainment and the Retail park to allow the car park to be used as overflow after business hours.

Or, make it pay and display after retail hours so that the retail park can make some legitimate revenue out of letting Centertainment customers use their car park.

We got a G24 parking 'fine' notice in the post this morning. On Saturday we popped into the retail park at about 2:30pm, browsed a few shops, decided to have a late lunch at Pizza Hut, browsed a bit more, bought some stuff, popped over to Centertainment to watch Alice in Wonderland, popped into McDonalds for a coffee, retrieved the car and drove out at around 8:30pm. Total stay was about 6 hours!

I certainly didn't notice any restricted parking signs, although I'll go back and have a look tonight.

Initially we were both quite angry, and felt a bit foolish. Neither of us can remember who was driving that day.

On looking online, I've seen quite a few threads, particularly here, Consumer Action Group an Moneysaving Expert, that recommend just ignoring all the letters from G24.

Problem solved.

If nobody can remember who was driving, in the 0.000000001% likeihood it goes to court, there is your defence straight away.

But yes, ignore the fine invoice.

Put a barrier on entrance.

1st hour free.

1 - 3 hrs Shops validate ticket so don't pay.

Above 3 hrs pay £10

That way people know have to pay something / signs next to barrier. High rate after 3 hours to discourage people parking but if do at least make money.

But they would not do this as making way too much money at moment.

With all the ignore the invoice advice, the companies will get smart to it and then realise that people abuse there parking and dont pay the fine's they deserve for abusing it and will then penalise everyone by making it pay and display.

With all the ignore the invoice advice, the companies will get smart to it and then realise that people abuse there parking and dont pay the fine's they deserve for abusing it and will then penalise everyone by making it pay and display.

Well these firms have been at it for years, and they have not resorted to that yet.

Why would they change now? They are obviously raking it in from the naive and the vulnerable.