Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Well these firms have been at it for years, and they have not resorted to that yet.

Why would they change now? They are obviously raking it in from the naive and the vulnerable.

They dont own the land though do they, they are contracted to try and help free up spaced that are being abused by none customers, if meadowhall could free up spaced by implementing pay and display and making more spaces available to there 'Real' customers, they may eventually decide to do so.

They arent raking it in from the vulnerable and naive, just the plain ignorant and stupid.

This point has probably already been made, but to the people who see nothing wrong in parking on private land, how would you feel if you discovered people were parking on your driveway everyday whilst you were at work?

Slightly different. This isnt a driveway, and the owners dont live next door to it.

• 2 weeks later...

lol May 2009 when i got my 'fine' through for parking there. i wasnt aware either of there been a parking time limit as i went around 8pm when it was dark and didnt see the small signs dotted around. i ignored all correspondence from them, had about 5 letters in total and i havent heard anything for ages now. even had a letter saying that they were sending bailiffs round within 7 days... as if

to be fair the retail car park is for the shops, when finished shopping why not just park in the car park behind cinema?

the car park may have been empty but they have to draw a line and set a rule for usage, particularly with the arena being nearby and so many people abusing it for that meaning actual shoppers cant even park.

however, far as i know private companies cant do much about it anyway so try ignoring the letters, council on the other hand you dont want to ignor

to be fair the retail car park is for the shops, when finished shopping why not just park in the car park behind cinema?

the car park may have been empty but they have to draw a line and set a rule for usage, particularly with the arena being nearby and so many people abusing it for that meaning actual shoppers cant even park.

however, far as i know private companies cant do much about it anyway so try ignoring the letters, council on the other hand you dont want to ignor

We went to te ice hockey at the arena yesterday, but eat at centertainment first.

I suppose we should have moved our cars after we'd eaten, but it seems rather stupid to move cars just to go across the road (especially since you can't go streight across but would have to drive upto tinsley to turn round).

We luckily didn't recieve a parking charge, in theory we could have done. Maybe centertainment and the arena should have a reciprocal parking arrangement?

The other week my friend went to toys r us and parked in the car park (which he assumed was free) at around 8pm. The car park was practically empty.

He then went to the cinema with his daughter, came back to the car and drove off.

Today he has received a fine (with photographic evidence) showing that he stayed for 3 hours and 8 mins. Apparently you are only allowed to park here for 3 hours free of charge. For staying 8 mins longer than he should he has been fined £95 or £75 if he pays it within 7 days.

This is not council run but a company based down south.

My friend is not an idiot and he always accepts personally responsibility for his actions, but what he would like to know is that is the signage explaining this 3 hour limit plainly on display because he can’t remember seeing any?

Also, he has searched on the internet and a lot of people have complained about this company because everybody seems to be fined for being exactly 8 mins over due. But then again this just be co-incidence.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Well I've seen 2 cars got clamped at the Meadowhall Shopping Centre. Don't know what happened after though.