Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

Well at Xmas any meadowhall staff get fined for parking in meadowhall-we have to use the overspills even if the car parks not full!!! This is because a customer complained that staff take up all the spaces and they had to park far away from the entrance!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think quite a few people (like my aunt - and possibly me, although the fine hasn't arrived yet I'm expecting on) will have been fined after seeing sex and the city on the opening night, as the cinema was full and lots parked in the retail park.

Are there any updates from the people who have ignored the fines from the retail park? I'd really appreciate knowing what the outcome has been.

I'll certainly be avoiding the retail park in future, especially as I'd been shopping there before I went to the cinema, something I do frequently. I'll now not want to do that and they'll lose custom. Very stupid really!:loopy:

Hi all,

I think quite a few people (like my aunt - and possibly me, although the fine hasn't arrived yet I'm expecting on) will have been fined after seeing sex and the city on the opening night, as the cinema was full and lots parked in the retail park.

Are there any updates from the people who have ignored the fines from the retail park? I'd really appreciate knowing what the outcome has been.

I'll certainly be avoiding the retail park in future, especially as I'd been shopping there before I went to the cinema, something I do frequently. I'll now not want to do that and they'll lose custom. Very stupid really!:loopy:

Why do people call these a fine? It is not a fine!!

Throw any paperwork in a draw and ignore them completley.

If you want to read about how laughable they are go to:

http://www.pepipoo.com

Hi all,

Yes, I was caught on that night, as was a friend who came in our party. £150 from the 2 of us - ouch!:rant:

Having read this post though I'm definitely not going to pay.

They got me too!

Went to cineworld on orange Wednesday, it was very rainy, centertainment car park was packed to the rafters so I had no choice but to park in retail park. the signs are small and incorrectly placed because if I saw them I would have been out of there QuickTime.

My charge £75 was for +11 mins!

I appealed with pictures of their crappy incorrectly placed small a2 signs , Got a reply saying my appeal is unsuccessful but if I send receipts from stores/site they will look into it further (lol)

Just a quick post to update people in relation to parking fines at Meadowhall Retail Park.

My partner was issued a notice asking for £95 or £75 if paid early.

I sent a standard letter of appeal from a free legal advise site to G24. They have subsequently revoked the charge.

Any person issued with a fine i strongly advise looking into it further before paying.

Edited by the_sheff

• 2 weeks later...

The Action Desk in today's Star deals with the Meadowhall Retail parking situation and has clearly stated that this civil contract penalties must be reasonable and proportionate.

£90 for a 5 minute over-stay would not meet this requirement and the parking company would have to go to County Court to get their money only after proving themselves against this defence.