Meadowhall Retail Park car parking megathread

iTS A MONEY MAKING SCHEME!! i got a fine, sent a letter refusing to pay it because there is not sufficient warning signs about fines and cameras, the shops are shut after 8pm AND they select random cars only as four of us left at the same time.

I have had a letter today saying my fine has been lifted and no further action will be taken.

Do not pay up!!! fight your case its worth it:hihi:

There is a peice in the star about this tonight, this is most important part. These companies have no special powers and dont be fooled by debt collectors letters, if you contest the notice they will have to make a claim against you in the county court and prove they are entitled to that amount

cheers didnt know that I thought it was only the police who could get personal info

I wonder if this firm relies on peoples misunderstanding..I.E if you go over the time they ask for a penalty payment.A lot of people,especially if it looks legal will just pay it.If you ignore it will they press it?personally I would have just filed it with the rest of what I consider rubbish..straight in the bin,if they then got back onto me it would be..What letter?Iv always found that if you muck people like these about they tend to give it up as a bad job.

my mate got one too , the fines excessive, its either 95 or a reduced 75. for going over half an hour the 3 hr limit , they are using APR tracking number plates gng in and out of the car park entrances . i wouldnt pay it to be honest as its only a private firm who can only by law chase losses and i belive they did not loose 75/95 so they will only pester u with legal action malarky and give up sooner or later

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I also got a fine a few weeks ago, I contested it saying I was at pizza hut all night with friends and had paid cash so no receipts, they replied saying basically tough.

As it is a compnay car I would have had to pay it but in a last ditch attempt I phoned up and asked for a photo of me leaving complete with my number plate (as one on form was crap and number plate was just digitally enhanced underneath) they immediatly cancelled the charge as they didnt have one.

What a bloody cheek, so like you are saying they are praying on the people that just pay up without a fight !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So they're watching us all the time? Or zooming in and out. Watching if you change your clothes or eating a takeaway? It's a damned liberty. Genuine shoppers shouldn't be scrutinised like that. What if I spent an hour in Toysrus, then half an hour at PcWorld, then an hour booking a holiday, and wanted a pizza? I get fined!!? outrageous!! and they get to lear into our cars at us too? I've never known the retail park to be full, and if it's after shopping hours I've often seen the gates closed, I bet a certain fast food joint are Loving It :D