3 Peaks Yorkshire - Fancy It?

Yeah I think it's WAY out of my league too... the longest walk I have done was about 10miles (and it should have been 8 miles but I got lost! :roll::blush:)

The Longest walk i have done was from Dronfield To Fox House which is about 8 Miles & that was in a Blizzard with a Ft of snow on the Ground.:hihi:

Now that's what i call fun.

The Longest walk i have done was from Dronfield To Fox House which is about 8 Miles & that was in a Blizzard with a Ft of snow on the Ground.:hihi:

Now that's what i call fun.

I think I can beat that - it was pi55ing down with rain... dog had to be on a lead so he wouldn't chase the cows... he went to run after a cow and pulled me completely over into a cowpat... sore ar5e and covered in poo for 5 miles... I was NOT impressed when I discovered we were going the wrong way...! :hihi:

I think I can beat that - it was pi55ing down with rain... dog had to be on a lead so he wouldn't chase the cows... he went to run after a cow and pulled me completely over into a cowpat... sore ar5e and covered in poo for 5 miles... I was NOT impressed when I discovered we were going the wrong way...! :hihi:

Im sorry but that is Hilarious i would have been rolling around laughing on the floor had i seen anything like that.:hihi:

Thanks to those who have expressed an interest, whether it on here or via pm, I will start looking at dates later in the year and will keep you updated. This is a slight annoyance given that I should have done the said trek already, but as long as I get it done then that is all that matters. Anyhow, the 3 Peak walks you are talking about sound like good practice runs in terms of building up stamina and also familiarising yourself with the ground and route. Might consider those too.

Somehow I think the 3 peaks we're going to do in May are one and the same as the 3 peaks that you're suggesting Agent Orange. Just an educated guess!

see whether we feel that we're capable of trying to attempt all 3 in one day at a date later on in the summer. Personally I don't think that I'm fit enough for this challenge, as I've never walked further than 14 miles before, and that was on a fairly flat route. But you never know, with Neoterics arm up my back I might be tempted to try!

I'd be up to do all 3 in a day but not bothered about the 12 hour bit - would still like time to have a pint somewhere :)

WOUILD BE INTERESTED IN THE TREK.. DI D THE YORKSHIRE WALK COUPLE YEARS AGO FOR CHARITY TOOK BOUT 1o-11 hrs ) ITS A GOOD EXPERIENCE ..

KEEP IN TOUCH >>

DAVE

AO put me down as a provisional, I've got quite a lot on over the next couple of months with stag parties, weddings etc but if it is on a weekend I'm available I'll be up for it.

PS.. got Joey on board so far :)

Gulp! I would like to point out that I agreed to this BEFORE I realised it was a 24 mile trek!! However, I'm going to put my feet where my mouth is and give it a go. Think I may need a "get out" point though - I've never walked for more than 5 hours. I'll get people to sponsor me per mile rather than for the whole thing :roll:. Hope that's okay AO :blush:< ducks to avoid the hiking boots being thrown in her general direction >

Hello.... sorry I have neglected this thread, things have been hectic what with trying to finalise my 5 a side tournament. Anyway, this is still on the cards and would preferably like to get it done at some point in June. Thanks to all who have expressed an interest in this walk and if you are still up for it then please bear with me. I shall throw a couple of dates past you soon.

Ta,

AO.