Asda home delivery - complete waste of time!

Ive used Asda a few times, not impressed :roll: but isnt Tesco's delivery charges one of the most expensive?

I've only had Asda deliver about half-a-dozen times, but I've been lucky so far. Deliveries have been on time and when they have delivered the wrong item, I've just telephoned and the item has been deducted from my bill.

You've got me worried now though.

The best substitute i ever had from asda home delivery was instead of 5 pieces of frozen cod i got a packet of frozen cauliflower! The best bit was i was working their at the time and knew all the home shopping staff!

I've had similar problems with tesco - I've used them 4 times now. The first and second times were fine - no problem. The third time the delivery was 2 hours late and was only delivered after I'd rung customer services and the store about 10 times, and they had no excuse as to why it was late! The third and fourth time, the deliveries just never turned up! I kept ringing and asking where they were and every time was told they were on the way. Eventually, they started giving me different excuses as to why the goods couldn't be delivered. I just ended up cancelling the order. But, they'd already taken payment so then I had to ring up head office and complain to get full refunds. I haven't used them since!

I had similar problems with ASDA about a year ago. The driver would buzz up and tell me in no uncertain terms that if he wasn't helped carrying the order then he wasn't delivering it. Fortunately my OH was here so he helped. BUT, if I am paying for delivery I expect it delivered to my door. I stated it was a first floor flat with no lift, etc, but still he complained.

I reported it both times to ASDA at Handsworth and stopped using them and now use Tesco, never a word of complaint from them.

I placed an order for Asda home delivery of groceries, they were meant to be delivered to my flat between 2-4pm today.

No driver showed up, so I rang the 0845 no. and the lady said that she'd contact the store and that my order was OK.

So, 1 hour later and still no response from Asda at Handsworth. So, I rang the store and they said that a driver had already been out and that no-one was home! I was, I'd been here all day!!

They said they rang the buzzer twice and rang my mobile and left a note through the letterbox at the entrance to the flats.

Well, there were no missed calls on my phone, no note downstairs and no-one rang the buzzer-MY GOD!! What the hell are they playing at. I talked to the guy who was supposedly delivering the goods and he swore blind that they were here and all of the above was true.

Im soooooo annoyed :rant:, i've now cancelled the order and im baffled as to what in earth went on.

Perhaps they went to deliver to a parallel universe!:loopy:

GGrrrr I just wanted to rant :rant:

Anyone else had any joy :rolleyes: with ASDA?

The only problem that i've ever had resulted in me getting my shopping for free - and no hassle caused to get that! :D

Asda may have their problems but it has got incredibly better recently. And as someone mentioned before, a driver phoned in sick for the load that had my delivery on it but the store has pulled through and made sure that another staff member can deliver my shopping! They never cancel orders merely because a driver phoned in sick!

As regards to substitutes, clicking the no subs button means that they will try not to sub but if there is a choice between a product very similar to the product you want and not getting anything at all they will sub (at least then you get a choice). I agree that not all subs are brill, for example the mixed nuts in replace for Nuts magazine, but the majority of the time they are good.

As to regards to them being lazy and not wanting to climb up flights of stairs, i have never had any problems, and i live on the 3rd floor of a small block of flats!

Never tried Tesco, never had any reason to, Asda for me delivers excellent service!

Asda home delivery is totally rubbish!! I used it a couple of times last year before I passed my driving test. I tried it once and half of the order was not there as they said that half of the products I had ordered were unavailable (even though I had asked them to provide substitutes).

The second (and last) time I tried was an order of drinks and snacks for a suprise party I was arranging for my boyfriend. I had chosen a specific order time as I knew he would not be at home when it arrived. However, 2 hours after the allocated slot it had still not arrived. When I phoned the 0845 number they told me to call my local store who in turn informed me that there was no-one available from the home delivery team as they only worked mornings! It finally arrived 4 hours late with no apology and with several items missing. To add insult to injury - the delivery driver informed me that the previous delivery driver had added a note to my account relating to my appearance! I was absolutely fuming when he arrived and it made the whole party so much more stressful. Lots of running around contacting people and trying to tell them not to let me boyfriend come home. I wrote a letter to the manager of the store and to the head office and heard no reply at all!

Don't even consider using it! After this I just made several trips to a different supermarket on the bus until I passed my driving test.

I've used Asda once - there won't be a second time. My delivery started with a dozen eggs dropped and left leaking over my order - before arrival at my address. I was handed items that were clearly dripping with egg, and told "This is alright, isn't it ?" The driver was told that No, it wasn't alright. The delivery ended with eight items going back. I was told it could take up to four days for me to get a refund. Oh no - you have not delivered these items so you will not be refunding me - you will not be charging me in the first place. I rang the store and went through the same routine - you have not "Supplied" me (the eight items) so it's not me that will have to wait for a refund. I am giving you explicit instructions not to charge my card for items that you have not delivered. I then rang Customer Service. "Oh Yes, Sir, you will be contacted by Head Office - all the other things you've mentioned are not the way Asda likes to operate and something will definitely be done."

Needless to say, I've heard nothing from Asda Head Office. Remember how you get an email asking how the first delivery went ? I filled the various question & answer boxes with various words like appalling, disgusting, rude, arrogant, thinking that if they bother to email me then they will obviously respond to my very negative response. Not a hope in hell. A deathly silence.

What else don't I like - well, this sounds trivial, but it's not. You ring the store - they demand to know what you are ringing about. Eventually they agree to put you through to the Duty Manager. After holding on for nearly four minutes, a voice says "Hello" That's it. How about "Good morning Sir, I'm sorry to hear you've got a complaint. My name's XXXX what can I do to sort this out for you." Put simply - when you answer a phone, you identify yourself. He's lucky I wasn't the Asda General Manager doing a cold call to check on how staff talk to the public !!

And now, tonight, I've got an email from Asda. Is it - finally - the beginning of a response by Asda ? No, it's a stupid "Advertising" email, promising me that "it's easier second time round, because we've saved ......" I didn't bother reading the rest - it was deleted. Like I said, there won't be a second time.

By the way, there was one good point - my "refund" was processed to my card within ten minutes of phoning the store. Stick to your guns folks - if they have not delivered items to you, they have no right to charge you.

Look at it this way - if "Cxxrys" arrived at your house to deliver a top of the range freezer, and as they were getting it out of the van you saw that there was a large dent, or gouge to the paint work or whatever, and you told them to take it away, would you like them to take up to four days to "refund" the £750 (cost of the freezer) to you ? No, you'd be on to the store to make sure they don't charge your card until they have made the delivery. Just because your grocery order is only £95 (in my case) the same rule applies - until they have made (i.e. completed) the delivery, they have no right to debit your card.

Edited by Dave Roberts

I've used the ASDA service a couple of times, and there have been no problems at all. Unlike the other supermarkets, they do not charge more if they substitute more expensive items (we had a half dozen cartons of Pomegreat for the equivalent price of their own brand juice that was on special offer at the time).

I find Tesco to be reliaby irritating - we have a delivery from them every two months or so (some items we use regularly are a lot cheaper and/or nicer from Tesco), and they are NEVER on time and very often substitute items we have clearly marked as "do not substitute" with considerably more expensive items. I have come to consider their special offers on kitchen towel and toilet rolls to be figments of their website team's imagination - these items are never actually available for home delivery.

Mostly, we use Sainsbury's. They reliably deliver within the one-hour slots, there are very few substitutions, and if any items are short-dated, they tell you, so you can chose whether to keep them or not (unlike Tescos, who dump mouldy bread and fruit on the home shoppers as a matter of course.).

I have used Sainsburys and I can not fault them. They are always on time, the drivers are great and very friendly. Anything that has been substituted or short dated is shown on a seperate sheet of paper and you can send them back if they are not right. Never had a problem and would highly recommend them.