Asda home delivery - complete waste of time!

We too have given up on Asda. Last time they delivered we had a bag of bread products which weren't ours. I rang the number and was on hold for nearly 10 minutes (at cost to me), through to a non-UK call centre, there was a language barrier, eventually I managed to communicate what was in the bag and she said Asda would be in touch.

The delivery van wouldn't have been more than 2 miles away at the time of this phone call. That was 4 weeks ago now - Asda never got in touch and we ate the products as they were going off, better than chucking them as Asda obviously didn't care. I wonder if the people whose products they were got a refund?

i have never tried supermarket home shopping - but may need to soon .

how much is the delivery charges ?

is there a minimum amount you have to spend ?

cheers !

Icelands quite good, the other day I was loadened with 3 children, new shoes and clothes for starting school, and needed some shopping, ent into iceland and saw free delivery over £25, went round picked up everything, groceries, chilled, tins and frozen, and was delivered to me that same evening, awesome.

I placed an order for Asda home delivery of groceries, they were meant to be delivered to my flat between 2-4pm today.

No driver showed up, so I rang the 0845 no. and the lady said that she'd contact the store and that my order was OK.

So, 1 hour later and still no response from Asda at Handsworth. So, I rang the store and they said that a driver had already been out and that no-one was home! I was, I'd been here all day!!

They said they rang the buzzer twice and rang my mobile and left a note through the letterbox at the entrance to the flats.

Well, there were no missed calls on my phone, no note downstairs and no-one rang the buzzer-MY GOD!! What the hell are they playing at. I talked to the guy who was supposedly delivering the goods and he swore blind that they were here and all of the above was true.

Im soooooo annoyed :rant:, i've now cancelled the order and im baffled as to what in earth went on.

Perhaps they went to deliver to a parallel universe!:loopy:

GGrrrr I just wanted to rant :rant:

Anyone else had any joy :rolleyes: with ASDA?

I have to say thats the exception that proves the rule. I have had an Asda driver ring me up on his mobile to say he would be early. They are really punctual. And I have never had a problem with them. Excellent service Asda

we used to use Tesco until I didn't get y of my Christmas food because they substituted £1 Christmas crackers with £10 crackers meaning that I didn't have enough money in my bank to pay and so they cancelled the whole order.

we now use asda and haven't had any major problems substitutions have all been ok and delivery usually on time. have had one incident of 30min late delivery and having half the items in our box that wasn't ours but that was not the drivers fault. i like that fact that asd dont charge extra if they substitute with a more expensive item.

Ive been using Tesco's for over a yr now and I can't fault them!, always on time, great food , good prices, nice delivery drivers, only thing i did have once is i ordered 2 finish dishwasher tablets , it was buy on get one free , it was £6+ a box and i only got one so i rang them and they gave me the money back so i got the box i had for free! Asda is over rated and poor quality veg and fruit, and i used to think the kids clothing section was great until i went to tescos, round about same price but better quality :)

Used Asda's home delivery for the first time yesterday. I did look at Tesco but couldn't get the delivery slot I wanted.

Got to say, I only had 1 item missing from my list so that gets a thumbs up, but I was expecting the driver to hand me the bags on the doorstep - not the entire crates one at a time!

They weighed a tonne!

Still think Asda is expensive compared to Morrisons, but I can't drive at the moment so it was a one off, but if Morrisons ever introduce home delivery I'll be ordering every week online!

I have never had a problem with Asda home delivery. They have arrived on time and I have had all the good I have selected.

I did try Tesco once for home delivery - they wanted to deliver earlier than my delivery time which would not have been a problem other than I was travelling home at the time that they rang wanting to deliver! I find Tesco way more expensive than Asda (or Morrisons - just unfortunate that Morrisons dont do home delivery!).

Just my opinion that is all.

agree with the majority tesco do a better service and always found them to come in the right time slot

you always have to check dates of fresh stuff

Don't use them often but if I do then its always Asda coz its where I shop normally.

Personally I've not yet had a problem with them.

Just waiting for my first order from them. Judging by this, wish me luck!