Asda home delivery - complete waste of time!

I like ASDA - they have always been good apart from the items they didn't have and got some pappy white bread..yuck. and been over charged for beer.

Overall I like ASDA and the fact you can order up to 10pm for next day delivery is great.

We have used Asda before with no major problems. However, our last order had more than £20 worth of stuff missing from it. It was on the bill but never delivered. The driver assured us that he'd brought all the stuff that was ours.

We have used Asda before with no major problems. However, our last order had more than £20 worth of stuff missing from it. It was on the bill but never delivered. The driver assured us that he'd brought all the stuff that was ours.

I hope you popped in a complaint.

I hope you popped in a complaint.

Unfortunately, it was my husband's card and he sorted it. He got his money back of course, but he wouldn't actually complain if they came round, emptied our fridge and cupboards and took it all away.

Unfortunately, it was my husband's card and he sorted it. He got his money back of course, but he wouldn't actually complain if they came round, emptied our fridge and cupboards and took it all away.

Aw bless him, he needs lessons from me in how to complain! Free vouchers, refund and free delivery on next order :thumbsup: I do find men are worse than women at putting in complaints. I had to push my other half to let me complain about this awful pizza I had in a resttraunt - he didn't want me to cause a fuss. I'm sorry but in my line of work if things aren't perfect the client lets you know!

Asda are dreadful at delivering shopping during the allocated slot ..they once delivered my shopping at 12.30 PM. I only have them deliver my shopping these days first slot on a saturday morning.

I placed an order for Asda home delivery of groceries, they were meant to be delivered to my flat between 2-4pm today.

No driver showed up, so I rang the 0845 no. and the lady said that she'd contact the store and that my order was OK.

So, 1 hour later and still no response from Asda at Handsworth. So, I rang the store and they said that a driver had already been out and that no-one was home! I was, I'd been here all day!!

They said they rang the buzzer twice and rang my mobile and left a note through the letterbox at the entrance to the flats.

Well, there were no missed calls on my phone, no note downstairs and no-one rang the buzzer-MY GOD!! What the hell are they playing at. I talked to the guy who was supposedly delivering the goods and he swore blind that they were here and all of the above was true.

Im soooooo annoyed :rant:, i've now cancelled the order and im baffled as to what in earth went on.

Perhaps they went to deliver to a parallel universe!:loopy:

GGrrrr I just wanted to rant :rant:

Anyone else had any joy :rolleyes: with ASDA?

I ordered my shopping for a friday night between 7-9. It included our evening indian. At 5 past 9 I phoned to be told the driver had problems and wouldnt make it to the last deliveries. I was steaming. It was too late to go shopping. What annoyed me most is that the driver had had problems earlier on, so I could have been phoned then I could have made alternative arrangements. I got no where with my complaint. not happy

We used Asda for months and every time they delivered it was wrong so I phoned every time and got £10 off the bill, the last time we used them the delivery didnt arrive at all so I rang to complain and they said the van had broken down and had to go back to the store so just to annoy them I went to the store to pick up my order and surprise surprise it wasnt even done but I offered to wait and embarrassed the manager so much they gave me the order free over £90, I really enjoyed watching the manager squirm, we havent used the delivery service since but still shop at Asda.

You're lucky. My order didn't turn up at all the other night. When I finally got through to the call centre they told me that delivery practices had changed and that all the drivers now had twice the normal number of drops to do in the same time and that my driver had probably run out of contracted working hours and so had taken the remaining orders back to the store.

It came the next day but because they had not rung me to give me notice of any delivery time I was not in. When I finally received my order the following day after that it was rotting in the bags, all the frozen was soaked and soggy, and all the veg out of date and browning at the edges.

When I phoned the store to complain again the call was answered by a cleaner who promised to tell a manager to ring me. The next day the cleaning manager rang me.

Edited by spartacus

Hey. Don't knock it. We've used it recently and our time slot was between 12 and 2. It came at ten to 2. Only 1 substitute and 1 item unavailable out of a list of about 50 items. I know what it's like cos I work at that particular store, and in the past there have been problems, but things have greatly improved recently, and availability is much better.Even if I didn't work there I would still have the same opinion.

i have never had any problems and use it nearly every week, i find asda one of the cheapest supermarkets around .

I used Asda for the first time the other week & was impressed. I will definitely use them again. What I like is that you get charged the same if they substitute something. I ordered 3 bottles of wine for a tenner. They substituted them with ones that weren't in the offer & should have cost over 20 quid but I still got charged the offer price. This is one of the things I don't like about Tesco. They often give quite expensive replacement items & id its something you really need that day you have to keep it.