Sign in to follow this  

Are you an insomniac? read this!

INSOMNIACS - COME AND LIVE IN STOCkSBRIDGE!!

All you insomicas, I know the perfect place for you to live, a so called residential area north of Sheffield, Stocksbridge.

Do you like sleepless nights?, bright lights, loud humming machinery all night long, reversing heavy plant noises, clanking of steel, loud thuds - all courtesy of CORUS - does this sound like your heaven? then come here - its perfect!!.

I moved here in December last year and I can count on both hands the full nights sleep that I have had. After being brought up in Deepcar I assumed Stocksbridge would be a similar place to live - how wrong I was!!!.

So what does the Environment Agency say?, they say they have to balance the needs of CORUS and the residents!! - how bad is that!!, so a capitalist company need to make more and more money come before hundreds of residents! - what about our rights? the Human Rights Act (the right to go about our lives in a peaceful way without noise!!).

What do the local council do about it?, nothing!. They say CORUS employs so many people from this area, thats rubbish!, I bet more than half of the people who work there dont live in Stocksbridge. So what if Stocksbridge Works have been her over 150 years! its 2005 now, we shouldnt have to put up with the noise levels these days. Some older residents shrug their shoulders and say "Oh, youll get used to it!! - I dont want to get used to it!!, I need my sleep!!.

Right, a challenge for any of the top management from CORUS, any local councillor, or any MP from Sheffield City Council, I cordially invite you to spend a night here in my house and sleep overnight in my front bedroom when CORUS are doing whatever they do - do I have any takers?? - I thought not!!.

So, I have 2 options havent I?, 1 - sell up, lose money on my house and move to somewhere where I can sleep on a night - or 2 - get CORUS to stop working through the night, now I wonder which option will be the easiest?, I gues its goodbye Stocksbridge!!.

Oh, just a final message for CORUS, I hope thet steel buyers buy their steel from overseas, probably at a cheaper price too, then when you start making a loss you will be forced to move to an industrial area to produce steel, not a residential area!.

C Sanderson

Newton Avenue

Stocksbridge

Now come on! People have a right to a job too! You moved there when the Corus works were there already, you can't just expect them to change their working patterns because of you.

When Fox's (the original name for the factory) was built on the river Don, many decades ago, there were hardly any houses in the area. How can anyone complain about a noisy area when they chose to move there?

It's like someone moving to the Heathrow area and then trying to get the airport closed down.

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom

When Fox's (the original name for the factory) was built on the river Don, many decades ago, there were hardly any houses in the area. How can anyone complain about a noisy area when they chose to move there?

It's like someone moving to the Heathrow area and then trying to get the airport closed down.

Steel is as integral to Stockbridge as the Co-op!

Look what happenned when that moved ...

K x

Blimey

Did they build a steelworks there after you moved?

Thats rubbish - youre right to complain

d

:)

As you say Stocksbridge Steel Works has been there for 150yrs or more, you moved in in December - Option 1, Goodbye.

Did you not study the area before you moved there ?.

My, you didn't think very hard before moving did you? :suspect:

What a complete idiot! Bearing in mind that your house was probably built to accommodate people who worked in the steelworks, you need to rethink your "the whole world is against me" attitude.

You should have known that the massive steelworks are what made Stocksbridge the place it is, and that they still produce a massive amount of steel, 24 hours a day for most of the year.

If you were happy in Deepcar, why not move back there? House prices tend to be cheaper in S36 2 than in S36 1, so you'll get more for your money and also more sleep.

He/She has to be taking the mickey here. They move close to an industrial plant and then moan about the noise.

Did you buy the house without seeing it? Perhaps you went when it was foggy and "missed" the works, or was it that the works were shut down when you viewed the house.

When you sell the house avoid buying one on Bramall Lane, or Penistone Rd they tend to have a bit of noise some times also.

Finningley near Doncater is quieter now the RAF base is closed though. :rolleyes:

Bit like moving to next to a church then complaining about the bells every Sunday morning.

but the way- im one of them steel buyers that you speak about and im not going overseas to buy my steel- i like good old sheffield steel thank you very much!!!

(and its at a damn good price too!!!)

I lived in Stocksbridge most of my life, you eventually get used to the noise, the worst noises was before the bypass was built and you had all the lorries going down the main rd, there are many more reasons i moved out the place, like the distance from the city, annoying little Chavs, crap pubs and its just imho Inbred!!! (as i wasnt born there i wasnt a 'inbred') alot more worse things about the place than the steel works!!