Reports to RSPCA from neighbour

What utter rubbish animals are somewhat like children they see something through the window and want to investigate.

you both say if not in your post or between the lines that the owners are to blame again i say utter rubbish, i live on massonetts with countless amounts of children barely young enough to be out on there own, i turn this around if some kid that is causing a public nuisence is causing your dog to become noisy who real falt is it the parents or the dog owners.

tbh this type of thread realy gets my goat as you all think your little darlings cause no problems to others but if set the otherway round like this its the dog owners that get the blame.

Grow UP.

Did you actually read the original post? The owner stated that she has a purpose built kennel with a run. Quite what that has to do with errant children running around blocks of maisonettes is beyond me.

If the dogs aren't capable of being left alone all day because they get bored or, as you suggest, they see things they want to investigate, then it's up to the owner to take responsibility and accept that it's not appropriate to keep dogs in that situation. It's called having a bit of respect for your neighbours.

And for what it's worth, I don't have any "little darlings", but if I did, they'd be well behaved. Don't tar everybody with the same brush - it's not that hard to bring children up well if the parents give a damn. You can see evidence of this if you look around instead of just focusing on those families where the parents don't care.

That does rather depend on whether they are barking all day or not. It might be only occasional; some people take great umbrage at perfectly reasonable background noise.

If it is all day, then his complaint would be valid, but the RSPCA would be the wrong people to whom to take it.

Agreed - it's not realistic to expect them to be quiet all day.

If the dogs aren't capable of being left alone all day because they get bored

Wish my dog would get bored...............I look in my back garden and think she is digging the new channel tunnel link.

Which is quite funny cos if YOU bury anything she is not bothered..........my socks are!!!!!!!!

My my!!! What a reaction, dogs bark - end of. The dog is obviously well looked after, and it gets bored during the day, so what. At least its not the middle of the night, and at least it is looked after in the evenings, like the majority of other dogs, unless they are owned by some lucky so and so who for whatever reason doesn't work. Most people are out and about during the day anyway, apart from the few working shifts and if you do then buy some earplugs.

...Most people are out and about during the day anyway...

...She typed wistfully... :D

I would just like to point out that I had a three hour nap this afternoon!!!! Heaven!!!!:hihi::hihi:

to the OP. I live next door to a dog that literally barks all day (the wind blows it barks, you open the curtains it barks, you look at it - do you get the picture?).

My daughter aged 8 suffers from migraines and everytime she has one and needs the sleep the dog barks and keeps her awake - how is this ok?

I have complained to the owners who have the same attitude as you. I have called the RSPCA who again say that all he needs by law is shelter and water and food.

Why should i have to put up with thier selfishness which completely affects my life so that they can have a dog?

I am going to start to phone them everytime i cant stand it any longer and hopefully they will get the message that i have had enough.

It could be worse - you could have a neighbour like mine who has 3 dogs he keeps outside all the time that bark from 2 in the morning till I set off for work at 8. But added to that he now has a cockerel which starts crowing at about 6. No I don't live in the country, I live on a housing estate. Selfish selfish people! :rant:

:oI thought there was some sort of law which say's you can't keep a cockrel in a housing estate garden, I would get in touch with council over this. As for dogs barking....unfortunately, that's what thay do!!!! especially if left alone all day, it's they're way of trying to contact the rest of the pack...which is you, but your at work. Bark, howl how annoying! The dogs may be in great condition but they only do whats natural and you can't stop them barking.

We had same prob with a bloke two doors down he went to work the dogs started barking and howling, we got double glazing which solved the problem.

Unfortunately, the RSPCA have a duty to investigate every report just in case an animals suffering but they do not have much power when it comes to noise, this would be a local authority issue, poss police for disturbing peace etc.

I've always said I would find my dog a damn good home, if ever I had to leave her for more than a couple of hours each day.

As I feel it's unfair on the dog if you have to leave them all day and she did'nt get her daily hours walk, cos I was too knackered to be bothered.

..your time will come Purdy! :D :D

to the OP. I live next door to a dog that literally barks all day (the wind blows it barks, you open the curtains it barks, you look at it - do you get the picture?).

My daughter aged 8 suffers from migraines and everytime she has one and needs the sleep the dog barks and keeps her awake - how is this ok?

I have complained to the owners who have the same attitude as you. I have called the RSPCA who again say that all he needs by law is shelter and water and food.

Why should i have to put up with thier selfishness which completely affects my life so that they can have a dog?

I am going to start to phone them everytime i cant stand it any longer and hopefully they will get the message that i have had enough.

You need to phone the council not the RSPCA. The dog isn't being mistreated, but it's causing a noise nuisance which comes under environmental health. They'll probably ask you to keep a noise diary and/or bring out some recording equipment (if they have any available :rolleyes:).

You need to phone the council not the RSPCA. The dog isn't being mistreated, but it's causing a noise nuisance which comes under environmental health. They'll probably ask you to keep a noise diary and/or bring out some recording equipment (if they have any available :rolleyes:).

i have done - and so are a few other neighbours its just a case of waiting - but when the kids are ill or i even want to use my garden it is a real problem :rant:

thanks for the advice x

Your dog YOUR responsibility.Can you give me one good reason why other people have to listen to your dog barking non stop all day/and thats what they do.

I have had to put up with the same racket day in and day out.I would love to open my windows or sit out in my garden and the only way I get a bit of peace is using earplugs.Why should I have to do that just because you choose to have a dog/yes you go out to work all day and dont give a damn about the aggro the dog causes.

I bet you would soon be on the phone to the police if your neighbours played loud music nonstop.

I think dog owners are incredibly selfish and get so angry if any one dares criticise.

One of my neighbour's has just started barking and that will go on ALL DAY.

The enviromental health are totally useless.They appease you by asking you to fill in a diary.I have written out more diaries than Samuel Pepys and still nothing ever gets done.