"I was having my usual actress problem/infatuation kind of thing"

Don't feel bad BouroughGal,

I was devastated (some years ago) when I heard that Eddie Van Halen got married. My sister's boyfriend at the time told me, "why are you upset? Your chances of running off to Tahiti with him are just as good!"

I was even more devastated to realize he was right. lol

Over the years Mr. Van Halen's not taken care of his health, and drugs, smoking, and alcohol have all taken their toll. He recently had a bout with cancer. Not to mention his wife had her hands full with his infidelity and general bad behavior.

Frankly, I don't envy her, and I'm happy I married the man that I did.

In my case, it worked out for the best. (But shhhhh. I still play his music!)

:) Sierra

• 2 years later...
Hmm... OK, this thread has come about after reading several things. One was the love at first sight thread, another was the weather presenter thread in which someone is in love with a news presenter... these things got me to thinking about an actress infatuation incident that happened to me recently. I was watching a film, and go so involved that I started to become rather infatuated with the actress... or maybe the character, not sure...

Anyway, with these things in mind, I then read a story about the Counting Crows lead singer Adam Duritz and how he wrote the song 'Mrs Potters Lullaby' about the actress Monica Potter...

"I came up with the chorus music and the first chorus. And then I stopped and said to myself, "How can I write a whole song about someone I don't even know? It's not gonna go anywhere, it's a total dead end. It's automatically trite and false." But I was enthralled with it. I wondered what else I could do."

I felt that this was rather sweet, until I read on and discovered that he was then introduced to her after she heard about the song and then they started dating... which was pretty sickening, as I don't have the talent to write a song, and I'm not famous either, so even if I did she would never hear it.

So... does anyone else suffer/has suffered this strange problem, or did they grow out of it after there teen years? I'm not talking about being a fan of someone, having posters on your wall, etc... rather an infatuation of someone that you haven't met, be it an actress, actor, or news presenter, or even the girl in the local chip shop.

So who was this actress/character you were fascinated with?

hnnnnnnnn michael biehn hnnnnnnnnnnn

actually, i grew out of that one by the age of 20. orlando bloom sort of became a replacement for a while (i was soooo waspy the morning i came into work, and discovered the note on my desk saying "we came to find you to go to the pub but you'd already left". talking to the guy that left the note later that morning it transpired they'd spent the evening in teh pub chatting to this guy who turned out to be orlando 'better in a wig' bloom. RRRRRAAAARRRRRRR!). anyway.

I haven't really decided whether it's too far-fetched and more fantasy, or whether it's really a conviction of someone's true passion for someone else.

Katie Holmes did also marry Tom Cruise eventually. Apparently, she also did have a big crush on him too. As did Posh and Becks? Then again, if we think about it, celebrities actually work in the same industry, and possibly social circles. So to fancy someone, and actually be dating them may not be *that* far-fetched an idea at all.

It's like asking, what is the difference between a stalker, and a fan ?

• 3 weeks later...

Does it ever work the opposite way, where you see someone, don't know them from Adam, they could be the nicest person in the world, but you take an instant dislike to them. That happened to me with a man who lived down the road. Can't tell you why, but I just don't like the man.

I think generally, these celebrity infatuations are 'safe', you are allowed to fantasise and be a little crazy, because realistically, your paths are highly unlikely to ever converge. Some people go to extremes though, and obsess so much about a 'star' that they neglect the real people around them, who may just turn out to be their best plan for a happy life :D

Archived