Worst and best bus Routes in Sheffield

The best has got to be the 52 as there are always loads of both stagecoach and first 52's.

Every 7 mins more like every 7 seconds.

More like 4 every 28 minutes

The best has got to be the 52 as there are always loads of both stagecoach and first 52's.

And for the reason look at other threads

Worst, 94 to Birley or Walkley. Supposed to be every 20 mins, in reality this is quite rare. Often buses only go as far as town or go to Birley never to make the return trip. Very bizarre. Not uncommon for buses to be missing altogether and you'll find yourself standing for 40 mins or more. As this is the only bus that goes up hollinsend road it's a tad irritating when it's missing, which it is several times a week.:suspect:

Yeah I have noticed that aswell.

Although I have to say the best is the 83 and 88 to Bents Green the buses are always on time pretty much every 10mins or so.

also the 41-42 fare is cheaper one rule for one hey just to try and compete with Stagecoach

the 76 is horrible from town to high green it goes all round the houses is cram packed!

mind u the 88 isnt any better from going to chapeltown to high green leaves me feeling ill

Worst - 53 Ecclesfield - Lowedges/Bradway.

77 High Green/Chapeltown - Sheffield Interchange

Best (in my experience) 20/20A Hillsborough Interchange - City - Hemsworth

53 consistently late. Spent many cold evenings approx 6.30pm in the city centre after a long hard days work waiting for a 53 back to Ecclesfield.

Used to commute daily on the 77 from Sheff Wed to Chapeltown at about 7.30am. At least 2 mornings each week it would turn up very late

Stagecoach 58 @ 20:30 from Sheffield to Stocksbridge.

Its the first Stagecoach of the night to Stocksbridge yet it still manages to be constantly late. Every single time I've caught it, its been about 10 mins late, tonight was the latest occasion.

Well when i have stood and waited for an 85/86 the 52's are way more regular than 28 minutes.

so yeah i think from now on im just going to sit at the bottom of the moor when im working late and catch a bus. i thought it be faster to get a 53 home tonight and 3 buses never showed. theres no reason to have a fully packed bus at 8pm!

75/76 used to be OK but over the past few weeks they are not turning up then you get four of them together. Utterly hopeless. I nearly missed my train to London two weeks ago because they turned up late.

Stagecoach 58 @ 20:30 from Sheffield to Stocksbridge.

Its the first Stagecoach of the night to Stocksbridge yet it still manages to be constantly late. Every single time I've caught it, its been about 10 mins late, tonight was the latest occasion.

I believe this is because the 58 runs off a 88, so if the 88 is late to return to depot, this then makes the driver late to get to town to take the 58 over.