Rah! Rah! Rah! at Stardust - how was it for you?

lilemma22

I thought I would start this thread to disentangle it from the Affinity thread as there are bound to be comments ....

I could not go, being afflicted with the same condition as Spider Pete but I would be interested in peoples opinions who did go - Tyranna I hope you went and gave it your best ... with shoes not boots :-)

Where to start?...............

Had never been before and it obviously is hardly used. The fridges werent all on/working. Only very mainline spirits vodka gin etc no malibu. Missing lightbulbs everywhere. Seen as good light set ups from wedding dj's. Music the same as you will find at dempseys etc. Sound system also wasn't up to much very tinny and poor sound quality.

Only 4 bar staff for 200+ people, and one of those was a glass collector only. We only stayed half an hour after our first drink as getting served was impossible. Just to point out there was no till for the taking of the door charge which probably means that it was all VAT free. 200x£4 =£800 on the door why not spend £60 of it on 3 more staff?

They should search out the DJ from Decadance Thursdays, as unfortunately this night has no real future with the direction it has taken and the quality of the venue is so poor.

It seems a pity as it was obviously well marketed and a lot of people had shown up, for a first night I felt it seemed clear it was a promoted event that showed little care for anything else but getting people through the door. Which it succeeded at, but will anybody be bothered about going again? I certainly wont make the effort next time.

Lil emma, this is posted elsewhere but just so you see it! Serious discussions need to be had with the management of the venue as most of my complaints are directed at the venue as opposed to the night....................

Where to start?...............

Had never been before and it obviously is hardly used. The fridges werent all on/working. Only very mainline spirits vodka gin etc no malibu. Missing lightbulbs everywhere. Seen as good light set ups from wedding dj's. Music the same as you will find at dempseys etc. Sound system also wasn't up to much very tinny and poor sound quality.

Only 4 bar staff for 200+ people, and one of those was a glass collector only. We only stayed half an hour after our first drink as getting served was impossible. Just to point out there was no till for the taking of the door charge which probably means that it was all VAT free. 200x£4 =£800 on the door why not spend £60 of it on 3 more staff?

They should search out the DJ from Decadance Thursdays, as unfortunately this night has no real future with the direction it has taken and the quality of the venue is so poor.

It seems a pity as it was obviously well marketed and a lot of people had shown up, for a first night I felt it seemed clear it was a promoted event that showed little care for anything else but getting people through the door. Which it succeeded at, but will anybody be bothered about going again? I certainly wont make the effort next time.

hmm i went took me ages to get the first drink and the fridges were empty with not a lot to choose from which was a shame think they need more staff on the bars and a bit of decor wouldnt go a miss brighten the place up as it just looked like its been stood for ages.

if the above can be sorted then itll pull off if not then i feel it may be a flop...........it may have scared some potential customers off as well with all the waiting!

other than that not a bad night pitty it ended early though i was getting into it then ..........END

also it took me bloody ages to ge the cross of my hand this mornign for when you went out side :hihi:

hmm i went took me ages to get the first drink and the fridges were empty with not a lot to choose from which was a shame think they need more staff on the bars and a bit of decor wouldnt go a miss brighten the place up as it just looked like its been stood for ages.

if the above can be sorted then itll pull off if not then i feel it may be a flop...........it may have scared some potential customers off as well with all the waiting!

other than that not a bad night pitty it ended early though i was getting into it then ..........END

also it took me bloody ages to ge the cross of my hand this mornign for when you went out side :hihi:

Lawson, good point about the bar. while there were plenty of staff there, they seemed to be a bit slow, although it didn't take TOO long to get served. Some of the pumps were out of use -maybe they limit the beers to one set of pumps if they are not sure about how many will be there...

There was also a long wait at the cloakroom around midnight, when I wanted to leave my bags there, so I gave up and just kept them in a corner where I could watch them...

I almost lost a costume there overnight, but thankfully retrieved it the following morning when the staff at Cutlers let me search upstairs BTW, I have only praise for how friendly the staff are, so well done!

My one real complaint is that by the end of the night there was a really shocking quantity of broken glass on the floor, posing a real safety hazard; people casually chucking glasses right in each others path (well there were lots of really drunk students there!)

Could Philip/Gayham and the Stardust management look at allowing only plastic glasses for the next 'RAH' night, please? After all, Gayham's old haunt, Affinity/late Fuel have been keen on this approach...

Thank you, Carborundum, for pointing me to this seperate topic thread for 'Rah3'...