Rah! Rah! Rah! at Stardust - how was it for you?

lilemma22

Hmmmm the broken glass "almost" makes the plastic glasses at Affnity look sensible policy but then it sounds like a young immature studenty crowd turned up at Rah which you are less likely to get at Affinity ...

Oooh sorry Tyranna I wasnt sure if there was one too many Rahs ! :-)

Lil emma, this is posted elsewhere but just so you see it! Serious discussions need to be had with the management of the venue as most of my complaints are directed at the venue as opposed to the night....................

Where to start?...............

Had never been before and it obviously is hardly used. The fridges werent all on/working. Only very mainline spirits vodka gin etc no malibu. Missing lightbulbs everywhere. Seen as good light set ups from wedding dj's. Music the same as you will find at dempseys etc. Sound system also wasn't up to much very tinny and poor sound quality.

Only 4 bar staff for 200+ people, and one of those was a glass collector only. We only stayed half an hour after our first drink as getting served was impossible. Just to point out there was no till for the taking of the door charge which probably means that it was all VAT free. 200x£4 =£800 on the door why not spend £60 of it on 3 more staff?

They should search out the DJ from Decadance Thursdays, as unfortunately this night has no real future with the direction it has taken and the quality of the venue is so poor.

It seems a pity as it was obviously well marketed and a lot of people had shown up, for a first night I felt it seemed clear it was a promoted event that showed little care for anything else but getting people through the door. Which it succeeded at, but will anybody be bothered about going again? I certainly wont make the effort next time.

Firstly I would just like to thank everyone that came to Rah Rah Rah we really appriciated your support and thank you for your comments.

We do understand that we were very short staff with regards to the bar staff but unfortunately the venue is hire therefore we didn't really have any say on the decor or bar staff etc...We will however talk to the management in light of this night.

What we tried to do was provide abit more of a choice for people when going out on the gay scene in Sheffield, we didn't have alot of money as we have paid for everything out of our own pockets. We were never in it for the money and want you to know that the money we did make from rah rah rah is going into putting on more nights. We never expected it to be perfect on the first night and understand that we can't please everyone but we will take your comments on board and they will all be taken into serious consideration for the future nights.

Overall we had a fantastic night and I can hold my hands up and say it was the best birthday I have had to date!!!! The number of people that attened far exceeded our expectations and we were thirlled to bits it was amazing.

So thanks again and keep your eyes peeled for the next date!!!

Rah Rah Rah xxx

Erm Music people...? Britney? TWICE in one night AND the same song? I thought this night was advertised as no pop and alternative? where was the more comercial classic alternative music such as rolling stones, t rex, etc? I thought it was supposed to be alternative? and what was with the old 90's dance music at the end?!!??

Okay okay first night and all that and the venue I understand is not theirs and I can cope with that but the music is supposed to be the whole point of the night! I'm sure it will improve but NO POP PLEASE! If I wanted that I'd go to Climax or Dumpseys!

. I will put on some rolling stones and T-Rex for you tho next time. x

Yes, please! (From TRex's namesake!) And Suzi Quatro and Mott The Hoople if you can make it!

I'll make sure I'm there on March 7th!

Do please ask the bar staff to sort out the broken glass problem, though, this time. At the end of the last one it kinda looked like Beirut!